Pages

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

27


Seven years ago I was 20. I had a horrible sore throat, probably the worst of my life, and I spent the day on an airplane and then on a bus getting back up to school at BYU-I. I could hardly breath in the Las Vegas airport, the air was so dry and my throat burned so bad. When we got to Salt Lake, my roommate Rochelle and I were STARVING. We had a 5 hour bus ride ahead of us and we also didn't realize the only food available at the Salt lake airport is after you pass security. So we rushed down to get our bags and locked ourselves out from the food. Nice. We ordered a pizza and had it delivered to the airport where we sat and ate it on napkins and drank soda from the vending machines, and laughed with the other BYU-Idahoans waiting to take the shuttle. It was hilarious. When we got close to Rexburg we noticed that there was probably 3 feet of snow on the ground. We each had two LARGE suitcases, plus a carry-on, and about a mile to walk from the shuttle drop off to our apartment. Rochelle made a phone call. When we got to Rexburg a red-head and his roommate pulled up in an old car, a couple of friends who were thankfully willing give us a ride home. That was maybe the best birthday present I have ever gotten. I'm from California, I was not looking forward to trekking through the snow with a suitcase, but that's not why. That red head, was Bryce, my husband's best friend. His roommate, was my husband.
Before I turned 21, I was married and pregnant.

I was sick on that birthday too, but it was a different kind.

A lot can change in a year. A lot can change in seven. I wonder what this year with bring?

9 comments:

Forever Young said...

Happy Birthday CORI. LOVE YOU!!! 27 is awesome!!!

Anonymous said...

How fun to hear how you met Craig! What a cute story. Happy birthday cousin!

Tanielle said...

I have never heard that story before, so cute!! Happy Birthday, hope your day is great, and that you are all well!

Raquel Ruggles said...

happy happy birthday cori dear! i just want to steal hannah, and that cute little ballerina body. we love you lots and i want that onesie, even though i'm having a boy! i need to figure out how to post your button.

Forever Young said...

Cori...I love you, I love you, I love you, and I am so glad Craig was there7 years ago:)

Giles Fam said...

What a cute story! I love hearing how couples met :)

RachelBarker said...

cute and look where life has taken you... Beautiful life. :) I sent you a message via facebook but happy birthday again!

Maran said...

I hope you had an awesome birthday Cori! For some reason I thought Craig was your home teacher the semester before (I'm pretty sure you knew him the semester before, though, right?). Maybe I am mistaking you with someone else. I'm glad that we were roommates that semester. We were both all tangled up with our future husbands, but I'm glad that we got to spend that special time together!

Rocia said...

cute...i have goosebumps.