Pages

Monday, August 10, 2009

for the benefit of family... living far away.

a photo journal of hannah's first day of kindergarten.
Our Celebrate the School year dinner.


complete with a cake.


and a fashion show of this little lady's "first day" outfit.




her clothes laid out before bed.


ready to head out.


walking to school, and I quote: "mom, my backpack is very heavy. it's giving me lazy legs."
this dear is only the beginning.

outside the kindergarten playground



happy girl.

not so happy brother.

said "hello" to her teacher, miss hann.
she is very pretty and sweet.
thank goodness.
no crotchety old kindergarten teachers here, no sir.

one. last. hug.


lining up.


so tiny.

hannah doing her, "i'm focused" face.

"i'm nervous/embarrassed" face.

calm.

focused.


sad.

here comes miss hann!



this kid threw one massive fit when we left, i had to drag him off the premises.
sad sad.


but then we went to the park.

and he decided it might not be so bad to stay home with mom.


except for saying, "hannah, bye bye." ethan was oblivious.


the pick-up. this little chicky had fun at school.
this brother was happy to see her.
so was her mom.
kindergarten rocks!

10 comments:

shannon said...

Thanks Cori. It makes me sad but happy too. I'm glad she had a fun day.We love and miss all of you.

Giles Fam said...

Oh, I wanted to cry! I think I will be the one bawling when I have to take Cali to school for the first time. (but at the same time--it's probably a nice, little break for you :) Only TWO to look after :)

Forever Young said...

Our little Hannah's first day of school. It felt like a repeat of our first day of kindergarten. She looks absolutely edible. So adorable. Her teacher will love her. Tell Hannah, that Aunt Meg and Uncle Ashton are so proud of her, and we love her very much.

Forever Young said...

PS how did mom do today????HMMMMM????

Forever Young said...

PS If it makes you feel better...I couldn't help but cry when I saw the pictures... goodness... and I am an aunt.

Tashina said...

Thanks for posting the pics Cori. She looked so adorable. And she is so mini compared to the other kids... all the more reason to love that little princess. I know her teacher will love her. I'm glad she had a good first day. You'll have to call me and give more details about her day. Love you all!

Scott and Jamie said...

I can't believe you have a kid old enough for kindergarden. Where has time gone? You have darling kids.

Darla said...

Can't believe she's already started Kindergarten! She IS tiny (she'll appreciate that later, though...or who knows, now?)! How fun for her and you all. Btw, the house building process looks sooo fun!

Mama-Face said...

Cori,
So cute!

With each picture of Hannah I see a different type of family resemblance. Does that even make sense?
She's definitely best dressed and ready to go!

love,mary

My Life as a Domestic Goddess said...

ahhhh! Can your kiddos get any cuter! I submit that they can not! Landen was the same way when Cody started school. He cried the whole way home. Sad but so sweet that they love their siblings so much! By the way, very exciting news on your new house. Where are you guys building?