Pages

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

14, seriously?


I'm in the gym today, on one of the machines and as I stop to take a break between sets I'm approached by two men. One of them older, one probably in his late 20's. The younger one said:

"I'm sorry to bother you, but we've been having a little discussion and we were wondering if you could clear it up for us?"

"Okay?" I answer.

"You see," the older one goes on, "neither of us thinks you are old enough to be working out in a gym..." he wasn't rude about this, he was being perfectly polite, "I think you are 14, my buddy here thinks you're 16."

"HAHA!" I laugh. "You're both wrong, I'm 26."

They blanked. I just snickered.

"Wow. You look really young." says the younger guy.
"Yeah, I get that all the time," I say, then I laugh again. "In fact I'll be 27 soon, and" for added measure I add, "I have three kids."

The older guy started laughing, and says, "well you are so tiny, I never would have guessed."

"Thanks," I said.

"You'll love it as you get older," he said rubbing his gray hair.

"I think so too," I smiled and they walked away.
I laughed again, I couldn't help it. I know I look young, but 14? Seriously?

I don't know you tell me, do I look 14?




Hmm.


As I'm leaving with my boys the younger guy (who's standing by the front desk) yells out, "Bye teen-mom!"


hahahahahahaha...

6 comments:

Tashina said...

that just made my day and it's been a crummy one... i hate tuesdays but i'm smiling now... oh and you don't look 14... i'd say 19, teen-mom. love you.

Maran said...

That's really funny Cori! You are lucky that you look so young, but yeah, definitely not 14. I'd probably guess 20 if I didn't know you.

Forever Young said...

Ha ha... I love that. So typical of guys at the gym. Miss you.

Kris {The Freestyle Mom} said...

Let's see. This is TOTALLY going to be to your advantage one day.

Apparently you look 12 years younger than you really are. Doing a bit of math, that means you are going to be one happy 60 year old because you'll look like a 48 year old.

I could live with that.

Kristen B.

RachelBarker said...

Holy Smokes thats awesome!! I would guess 19-20ish. And if I didn't know you I would be blown away with you having 3 kids. You Look AMAZING!!!!! I'm sure you give them a good laugh everytime they see ya. :)

Kaisa Bailey said...

I love that story Cori!!! You are looking younger and younger as you get older and older...not a joke! The other day when I was working in Lakai's class one of the kids said "are you a mom?" um yeah, I'm a mom, "because you don't look like a mom" THANK YOU! (: Just live it up...and you look half of MY age!!! Love you