Pages

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

95%


I tore the townhouse apart today.


When the movers moved our stuff into this crackerbox a few months ago and put the crib back together, it was discovered that they had broken off a certain piece that held the railing on. Kind of important. Anyways, the mover guy taped up the side (good and safe, you know) and told me to fill out a form. Then I went through a ridiculous process that ended, finally with a check of 90 dollars to order the new part with. I still haven't placed the order, because school started and well, yeah. Life is insane. Then I lost the check. Or someone did. I tore the drawers apart looking for it, but to no avail, and then promptly had a breakdown when Craig got home from work. Lucky lucky him. It wasn't so much about the check either, (it's only 90$ after all) but what the check represents. The chaos of this house we live in, the way everything gets so dirty so fast when you are living on top of each other, how stuff is literally spilling out of every closet, how I don't know where anything is, and I really miss my rolling pin that's buried somewhere in a box in the garage, and it feels like we've been living this way for a really really long time. It's that I spent 5 and a half hours at the park yesterday, yay for good weather again (low 80's!) letting the kiddos play so I could study, and I am still way way behind on my school work, and my house is a disaster. Nice.


Craig reminded me of something the sealer said to us in the temple when we were getting married the other day. He took our rings in his hand, he said they were all shiny and new. He said pretty soon they would get scratched and beat up, that life would getting really hard and we would get beat up. Boy was that prophetic. I had no idea how hard it would be to have a family. But I am grateful, because through all the tough stuff and chaos, we've stuck together. The payoff is coming, I can feel it. I'm looking forward to it, and our new house. All 2850 sq. feet of it. In just a few. more. months.


In other news, Craig wrote a big paper on Saturday. He started it at 8 pm, it was due by 11pm. 7-10 pages. Yikes. He got his grade back today.


95% The professor wrote a bunch of praise to my genius of a husband that ended with: "a first rate analysis."



I hate him.



but not really.

3 comments:

RachelBarker said...

O CORI.... I can relate. We've been in and out of boxes for a few years now. It's driving me crazy but we are arriving to the end of that thankfully!! We're almost there and then we'll look back and think to ourselves that wasn't so bad and laugh it off. Hang in there, just imagine yourself in your new beautiful house singing, dancing and making the house smell like cookies.:) It's just around the corner. I promise. Although I don't know why I'm saying this because I have melt downs pretty bad. Easy to say and harder to do. I love you!
HIP HIP Horray for Craig! What is that saying your dad says for the 3 hips? (do you know what I mean or am I just thinking of something else)

Tashina said...

love it... hate him too... but not really. i could never get away with that. i'm proud of what you two have accomplished. i miss you all already. i need to post some pics. love you.

Darla said...

Yes, I hate him too. (; Wow. I think I'm good at turning my easy Discussion Board assignments in every Wed (that are due at midnight) by 11:30 pm and starting them around 10. And no, they're NOT 7+ pages long. Good for you for taking classes, Cory. It's hard, huh? I am extremely green with envy of your soon to be 2850 sq. ft. of living space. NICE!