Pages

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

kickin' my booty.

I went back to school 6 months ago. Just two classes but yikes, it was hard, and worth it. Somehow I survived last semester and I even did pretty good too. Two A's. One was even an A+. Sorry if that sounds like bragging, but sometimes you just have to pat yourself on the back when you do something you thought was impossible. And let me tell you, when I was halfway through my literature class that had 3,500 pages of reading in one semester, I thought anything better than a B was pretty much dang near impossible. But I got an A. So I went into this semester sufficiently buoyed. If I could do it last semester, this whole finishing my degree thing should be a breeze. Except now, I have a house, and it's bigger than that teaspoon of a townhouse we were living in last semester. Which means about a gazillion more rooms to clean/organize/decorate. And a yard to landscape. And my husband is busier than he was last semester with his own MBA. And my baby who was super easy-going/ angelic has decided that he now wants to be the world's biggest stink, right behind his older brother of course. It's still mind-blowing the shenanigans those two can get in together. Oh, when will I have an easy-going child? And my classes are harder. Who would have thought? I'm so stressed, I've spent the last 5 days with leprosy-like acne all over my face. Lovely. I guess it's payback for never having pimples when I was a teenager. Except it's kind of disgusting to have a breakout when you are 27. Everyone thinks I'm crazy for doing this. But I know why I am doing this. I believe in education. It's more than a degree to me. It's about showing my kids how important finishing college is, even when everything else is fighting against it. It's about proving to myself that I can still do anything if I put my mind to it. And I will. One class at a time. That is, if this semester doesn't kill me.





ps. this guy has been in Seattle on business for 2 days; he won't be home until Thursday night.





and man I miss hugging him.

Pray for me.

2 comments:

RachelBarker said...

We have the same view on education. It's so important to show your kids/future kids that education is important and it's one thing we can take with us :) Keep at it, before you know it you'll be walking across that stage!

Darla said...

You sound just like me, Cory. We're doing it! School is so crazy hard as a mom. Wish I'd finished before kids..but whatd'ya do?