Pages

Friday, April 24, 2009

children's books



When you have several children(like me), and when your children like books (like mine do) you start to really appreciate children's books that are unique and darling. We have several books that I think I enjoy reading even more than my children. There are also some (like Barbie Fairytopia) that I deplore reading and avoid at all costs. When my kids pull such books off the book case I usually say something like, "Oh, how about we read this one instead?" The boys are usually fine with it, Hannah's on to my game. What's even more darling to me, is when the book reminds me of one of my children. My mother got Ethan a book for Easter called "I Love You, Through and Through." Totally precious. The best part, however, is that it reminds me immensely of my third child. The pictures look like him with his squishy cheeks and droopy ears, right down to his mussy hair. And all the delicious little moods it talks about, remind me of Ethan too. In fact, that's why my mom bought the book. Anyways, if you have a squishy cheeked, droopy eared, mussy haired baby boy, you might enjoy this book just as much as I do. But I doubt it, there's only one Ethan, and there's a good chance he inspired this book.

5 comments:

Kaisa Bailey said...

I haven't read it, but I love the book I love you stinky face. It is so cute. I will definitely have to check it out. I have a little love for a 3rd too (:

Mama-Face said...

Oh, that face!!

I love Love LOVE children's books. I have lots and lots of favorites...

hope you guys are doing well!!

Forever Young said...

I want those cheeks. Mom and I read all of the books before she sent them to you guys. I cried when I read them because they all fit your kids so well. I miss those babies.

Marc and Stacy said...

Looks like such a cute book. Always looking for good ones to counteract the "Disney" re-writes. (I swear I got sucked into one of those things where they sent me hundreds for "free" and then sent me a bill). I need to start updating my library with more of these types of books.
He is just too cute!

The Mike and Heather Thomas Family said...

We got that book for Allison for Christmas. I read it to her almost everyday! I love it!