Pages

Sunday, April 5, 2009

random Sunday musings.

General conference was awesome this weekend. It was strange to be watching it from far away, I've gotten used to the idea that it's happening only 40 minutes away. Anyways. This week has been really fantastic. Every week has been so different and interesting since we've been here. But I've enjoyed them all, so much. I really feel so at home here. I don't know exactly why either. Maybe it's because it's so sunny and warm here. I seriously cannot be in a bad mood with so much delicious sunlight showering down on me all the time. I run in the mornings and it's so warm and there are little bunnies hopping around and birds chirping. It's like magic. I'm sure I will miss the rain a bit at some point, but I just left the frigid Utah winter... clear blue skies and 80 degree weather suits me just fine right now.

We are all so happy here. Craig is loving his job, and to add sugar on top, we heard this week that the company he just left laid off a lot of people, and I guess there is more to come. We feel so grateful that the Lord blessed us so abundantly with a better job, in an area that we already love.

Poor Ethan has a double goose egg on his head right now. Have you ever thought about exactly HOW hard tile is. Seriously! That poor baby's forehead has had a couple too many run-ins with the tile that runs throughout the house we are living in. Just when I thought his latest one was about to disappear completely, he tripped in the entry this afternoon and has a new blackish-blue growth coming off the side of his head. Note to self: tile floor + baby's head= disaster.

Last night while Craig went to the priesthood session, the kids and I made a little Easter decoration. It took a bit of creativity given my lack of resources and the fact that most of my goods are still in storage, but I have my craft box and we were able to come up with a pretty little Easter egg concoction consisting of paper plates, material, ribbon, buttons, and some glue. I hung it up on the back door, it made it feel a little more like Easter.

I've discovered something about my husband since we moved here. He is a fantastic barbecuer (is that a word?) Seriously, that man can grill meat over an open flame like nothing else. We've been BBQing just about everyday, and it's always fantastic. How can we have been married for almost 6 years and I didn't know this about him?

Hannah has become obsessed with taking pictures, and I think she's a pretty good little photographer. Slightly abstract but artistic still.

We're still waiting to figure out where we are going to live, and given my obsessive nature it's a major struggle everyday NOT to want to flip out at the idea that we still don't know where we will be hanging our hat in the next few months. The market is insane down here. The prices are fantastic, but of course that means that you have to wait alot more... short sales and foreclosures take ALOT more time than a typical home sale. It's been hard to find ones that AREN'T one of the two. We've probably seen 20 houses since we got down here, and I think maybe 2 of them were just a normal sale. Every time I walk into one of those houses, I feel so sad for the people who lost their home. I wonder what their story was (and sometimes why they were unable to live a LITTLE bit cleaner) and I feel so grateful that we are here with a good job looking for a new home, instead of trying to figure out how we are going to live. Right now we have an offer on an amazing house. It's a short sale so we're playing the waiting game. I'll let you know if anything comes of it.


I'm not really sure what I'll be doing tomorrow. It's kind of bizarre to know that if I see another adult (besides Craig) there's pretty much a guarantee that I won't know them. It's weird to not know anybody. It makes me excited to get settled in a new home and meet people. I am excited to go out and explore a little bit more about my new home. There are so many cool places down here. Have I mentioned that we went to a Ghost town last weekend? Very cool. It makes me wonder what I'll discover this week. We'll see, everyday is a new opportunity.

Enjoy your week, everyone.

6 comments:

Katie said...

Ahh, to have sunny skies all the time...what would that be like? We figure (if we move there) that having 3 months of unbearable heat, would make it worth having 9 months of nice weather, sunshine and no snow.
Good luck with everything!! Can't wait for more pictures and updates!

Anonymous said...

Good to see you guys are doing well! My best friend Alli lives in Mesa; you should be friends with her. Their last name is Judd.

Darla said...

Cory!! Good luck to you. When we moved to Richmond, we did LOVE it.., but it was a bit lonely at first. I'm sure you'll make friends quickly, however, and all will be well. As for the weather, and the pool, and the cheap home prices (oh, and the fact that you HAVE a job!), I'm jealous! Enjoy it and hang it there IF and when it gets tough. love you.

Nikki said...

Looks like you guys are adjusting to AZ life just fine! I am glad. There is a lot of cool stuff to do there. Have fun exploring! I love the pics of Ethan. We have sooo been there!! And yes, the tile is everywhere and unforgiving! So glad you guys are doing well and are happy!

Mama-Face said...

House, Pool, Yes? We'll be right down!

we love you guys.
love,mary

Maran said...

It looks like so much fun there. Your posts are really making me want to move to AZ. Poor Ethan. That tile flooring is a beast.