Pages

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Dear Jane


Anyone who knows me, well, knows that I'm slightly obsessed with Jane Austen. Well, maybe not so slightly. She's my fave. This obsession was only fueled last night when I went on a girls night with some women in my ward to see Pride and Prejudice: The Musical, oh yeah, that's right. So good. I was actually surprised how well the actors could sing considering that it was a college production. There were all kinds of cute funny moments, but by far the funniest/saddest was when Jane and Mr. Bingley finally get together and they totally breakout into a reprise of an earlier love song, full crescendo and everything, and I don't know if it was just too overwhelming for everyone but almost the entire audience busted up laughing. Only, it wasn't meant to be funny... at all. Sad Day. Come on people, theater etiquette! It's not a movie, those people can actually HEAR you! Other than that, it was a cute play. Thanks ladies for a fun night!

4 comments:

Chelsea said...

Oh booh, I wish I could have gone with you ladies! I was considering getting that extra ticket on Sunday night when I realized Tuesday night is Stake President interviews!!! I am glad it was a good production, you really are a Jane Austin freak... and I like it! :)

Natali Jolley said...

I love Jane Austen too! I really had no idea that there was a musical of Pride and Prejudice. Wow, on my list of things to do for sure.

Darla said...

Cory,
I'm sorry but I laughed out loud just reading that. Poor guys! fun, though!
p.s. you're looking so pretty and mature!

autumn said...

So, umm...do you ever look at a photo and wished you had better posture? Anyway, the whole night sure was fun!