Pages

Monday, August 4, 2008

midnight

If there's ever another book big enough to have midnight release parties I would highly suggest going to one. Especially if you want to feel care free and giddy like you did when you were 16 and didn't have any kids, a mortgage, yadi yadi ya, to worry about. I went to the Breaking Dawn midnight release on Friday night with Meggie, Lauren and my mom, and yowza, it was fun. And let me tell you there was a whole lotta screamin' going on... some of it was from me, and I'm not even ashamed. The longer I have kids the more I realize that I don't want to let go of that side of me, it's just too much fun. I'm not ready to be that mature, yet. But seriously, it kind of reminded me of New Year's Eve, everyone was counting down to midnight, and then when it FINALLY came everyone starts screaming, and Lauren goes, "I feel like I'm supposed to kiss someone right now." Then we got to wait for another hour and a half to get our books, but boy was it worth it when we got to my parents house at 2 am, and I spent the next 41/2 hours reading! I figured I better get some sleep when Craig's alarm went off at 6:30am, hehehe. By the way, I finished the book yesterday, all 750 pages, and all I have to say is: incredible. If you haven't had a chance to sink your teeth in yet, oooo, get ready to live.

7 comments:

Carter Family said...

Me Too!!!:) LOVED IT! So, maybe I will have to give you my personal email, so we can chat... nobody else is done with it yet... and I am dying to converse! Did you love it? Were you surprised?

email me: marlocarter@rocketmail.com

Katie said...

YAY!! I'm glad that you liked it!! I thought I was the only one in the "chat" rooms on GoodReads that liked it..I really liked it and I am excited that it ended the way it did...makes the ending SO much better!! If you need to chat about it, let me know, not many people are done reading it and I have been done since SUNDAY and I'm going nuts!!

Giles Fam said...

Cute post! Thanks again so much for letting me tag along. I had a blast! Oh, and just so you know--I stole these pics and put them on my blog, too. Hope that's ok. Yours turned out a lot better than mine, plus i liked that yours had your mom in it, too. Can you believe I still haven't finished Breaking Dawn!? I guess I'm trying to take my time so it won't end. :)

Forever Young said...

That was such a fun night...and Breaking Dawn was so amazing. Just when I thought it was impossible for a wonderful ending she pulled through. WOW...I can't wait to see the movie in Dec. We ARE going to see it all together, boys included!!!

Forever Young said...

PS Cori and I dying here...throw me a life preserver...(ie chapter 8 and 9)

Marc and Stacy said...

Looks like you guys had a blast. I am reading too, just finished "Book One"...and I can't believe I now I have to wait to hear more about Bella and Edward...I'm trying to read slowly, but its hard. I'm so excited for the end. I'm glad its a good one from what it sounds like.

Amy Jo said...

hahaha. i'll have to make my own post in response to yours. c: