Pages

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

mi-cro-burst. [mahy-kruh-burst]

mi-cro-burst:
definition: an intense, localized downdraft of air that spreads on the ground, causing rapid changes in wind direction and speed; a localized downburst.

translation: a huge gust of wind that appears out of nowhere on a seemingly calm and sunny arizona day and is able to lift 200 pound metal pool umbrellas off the ground and send them barrelling full force toward you, while you are standing unaware and holding your 18 month old. which then knocks you completely unconscious and leaves one heck of a bruise on your face, elbow, leg, and on your baby's head; also giving you a sore and swollen jaw, and a stiff neck.

yeah, i wish i was kidding. out. cold.

9 comments:

Nikki said...

Oh my gosh!! I forgot all about those! Are you ok?? That's so crazy. I remember them well though. We usually got hit w/ them at the ball park watching my brother's games! Hope you are ok.

Jessica Speed said...

Oh my. Are you both okay?? I haven't heard of those before. Hope you heal quickly!

Katie said...

HOLY COW!! Are you kidding me? What are the odds..? So Sorry! Hope that you are feeling ok!

Giles Fam said...

Holy Cow! Scary!! Are you ok?

Jaime said...

Oh man! I hope you are both feeling better soon!

Neal and Lori Jeppson said...

holy cow! that is crazy so bad!

Brenner Family said...

So I think we need more details, im curious?! How are you and the baby, Im a detail, person, I want details. Obviously you are ok, you are blogging about it but sheesh, scary. Was Craig with you?

Marc and Stacy said...

Wow Cori, that's SO scary. I'm glad you and Ethan are okay!!!!

Bentley H said...

Thankks for sharing