Pages

Sunday, May 10, 2009

What mothers do at night.


Tonight I crept into the room and watched my children sleep. And I kissed their chubby little perfect fingers, I touched their soft cheeks, and I ran my fingers through their sweaty hair. And I cried over my children. I cried because I haven't been the mother I wanted to be to them. I cried because I feel inadequate. I cried because I know we've put them through alot these past few months, and they're going to go through alot in the next few to come. And I cried because I'm watching them grow older, and bigger, and everyday they get a little further from me. And sitting there tonight watching them sleep, I want to keep them just as they are, forever. Then I cried again, and thank my Heavenly Father that He blessed me with children. That He supports me in my inadequacies. That He's been with us the entire journey here, and the one ahead. And that, while they won't stay the same, I do get to have them, forever. Then I laid down next to my children and whispered promises to them too precious to share.



Some things stay between a mother and child.

3 comments:

Angel C. said...

My first thought was we pray. LOL I guess that is when they are older than yours and venture out on thier on. My baby's are aged from 27 to 43 and I still worry and pray everynight for them. Yes I know HF is careing for them now ,but I need to continue to pray for thier well being. Happy Mothers Day to you. Thanks for shareing and bring back memories of times past.

Maran said...

Happy Mother's Day Cori! Your kids are lucky to have you.

Amy Silva said...

Cori... I don't get to see you everyday or witness your mothering, but I can tell you that from reading your blogs, I KNOW you are FAR from inadequate. I look at you and your beautiful family, and hope to have the same love someday in my life! PS I still think you need to write a book... it'd be a best seller, no doubt!