Pages

Thursday, December 18, 2008

milestones...



So I'm sure you've all been just holding your breath to find out why my kids are so fabulous, as I promised to explain (see previous post) and then, flake that I am, wrote nothing. So I'm finally going to let you all in on the details from last weekend where we passed several milestones... get ready to live.

First of all, and perhaps the most important. Carter is potty-trained. YES, after months, and months of fighting it, he wore underwear everyday last week without a single accident. No peep (my kids word for urine) on the floor, no poop underwear to gag at as I wash them out. Nothing, just clean toileting. Yes, my life is goooood.

And while we're focusing on Carter's magnificence, he went skiing with Craig last Friday. SKIING. My 3-year-old. Yes, he's a stud, just like his dad. Skiied all afternoon, and only cried when it was time to go home. And I'm like 90 percent sure that after one afternoon on the slopes (or well, bunny hill I guess) he skis better, and more confidently than me. He's going to be an olympian, oh yes he is.




My baby started walking. Not all the time, but he is taking steps. Last friday he walked across the entire Kitchen without looking like he even noticed what he was doing, then sat down and crawled off. I was screaming and jumping up and down. He laughed at me--like I was insane. I am. He goes back and forth between crawling and walking, but I'm not complaining. I'll keep him small as long as I can. In too short a time he'll be a little toddler mouthing off to me. :-(


Which brings me to Hannah, who I finally realized isn't really a toddler anymore. She wrote, WROTE her first letter to Santa Claus on Friday. And she did it. Ever single letter, all by herself. My girl is growing up. It's exciting. Her letter:
Dear Santa,
I'm going to disneyland. I want dress ups.
Love, Hannah.

My little novelist. Hey, baby steps, right?

5 comments:

Giles Fam said...

Wow! Three BIG milestones! Just one would be awesome--but 3!? That is seriously so exciting! Congrats. I'm sure you're especially excited about Carter's potty-training ( I say after having just changed a VERY nasty poopy diaper :)

Marc and Stacy said...

I was going to say the same things as Lauren, WOW! :)

Your kids are not just INCREDIBLY GORGEOUS, they are smart!

What great parents you are...I'm inspired.

Got your Christmas card! Love it! :)

Tashina said...

Yeah for the little munchkins! I can't wait for our fun family vaca in just a few days. The kiddos are going to have so much fun! I love you sis.

Ashley Mullen said...

Wow That is awesome. Linzy is about to hit that milestone of being potty trained too. I am so excited. They grow up way to fast.

Nikki said...

Cori, that's awesome! Sounds like a fun time at your house. These are the moments we are so very grateful to be parents! (I may need some tips on the potty training thing...it's not going so smooth in our house!)