Pages

Monday, December 1, 2008

i've spent the last three weeks...

doing weddings, receptions, laundry, packing, driving to and from idaho twice. Doing more laundry, packing again for the holiday and seeing Twilight 3 times in the theater. And no, I'm not kidding. I really have seen it 3 times. And I don't regret it. My head is so full of stuff, I don't even know where to start. Oh well, here goes.

Disgusting. On Saturday morning my father-in-law told us that he heard on the news that there was a Walmart worker somewhere who was trampled to death, TRAMPLED, by customers rushing the doors for the after thanksgiving day sales. That is seriously sick. What are you, animals? I'm glad you're all getting into the holiday spirit. 'Cause presents is what it's ALL ABOUT.

I had all of my holiday shopping done before thanksgiving this year. I know, amazingly, I'm ahead for once. Which was a good thing because Carter started puking thanksgiving night and continued to do so until I was supposed to leave at 4 am. to go shopping with the Robinson women. That killed that for me. You don't leave your husband alone at your in-laws with three toddlers, and one of them puking. (side note: 3-year-olds do not know how to warn you when they throw up. It just goes EVERYWHERE.) But my fabulous husband got up with me a few hours later when little Carter was feeling all better (thank goodness for the short-six hour bug-- Hannah had it 2 nights before, same deal. Six hours of throw up and then she was fine) to go shopping. I ended up having more fun just going to best buy to buy a jump drive, and then to toys r us and the mall with my hubby and the kids than I would have had otherwise. I love my little family. Also, still got good deals, and the crowds weren't too bad.

Hannah keeps saying, "Hey I've got a good idea..." every time I tell her she can't do something right now, and then usually tries to set a time when she can do it later. Also, if she asks for something and I just tell her no, flat out without the later, she goes, "Oh, I was just kidding, mom." Hilarious.

Craig was so sweet to me this weekend. He kept hugging and kissing me, coming up behind me and putting his arms around me. Or touching my neck. I was flying. I've got my own Edward, and I'm in love.

We're only doing a few small gifts for eachother this year since we're going to disneyland for Christmas. And I find that I am loving it. I'm actually being more thoughtful about what I'm getting my kids/hubby, instead of just grabbing the first junk that touches my eyes. I'm thinking that next year we do the same thing, even if we aren't traveling. I'm finding that I "need" alot less and "want" more than I thought. I don't want Christmas to be about stuff.

We watched "The Nativity" tonight for FHE. (the video that the LDS church put out a while back) It's short. I've watched it dozens of times. And everytime I sob from the second I see Mary, until the end. I was soaring as we watched it tonight, tears and all, and Hannah, knew all about it. And she kept talking about how Jesus is the most important part of Christmas, how it's his birthday, how the wise men brought him presesnts, and that's why we give presents, how she loves Jesus and he's in her heart. We're doing something right.

I talked to my sister Tashi on the phone this evening, and spent the weekend with Meghan. There is NOTHING in the world like the BOND BETWEEN SISTERS. That's all I'm going to say about that.

I still haven't put up my Christmas lights, or tree yet. This is borderline bizarre for me. I'm kind of a nut about outdoor illumination. I'm serious, I got up on the roof and hung the lights when I was a teenager and spent the money from my waitressing job to buy more strings of lights when my mom insisted that we had enough. Oh no, there's never enough. And yet, here I am, several days after thanksgiving and no lights. I guess I really do have 3 kids now.

My sweetheart turns 28 on Friday. I got his gift a month ago. Oh, I can't wait to give it to him. Oh, and when did we get so close to 30? I swear he was a 21-year-old Returned Missionary like 5 minutes ago. I'm starting to learn that this is how life works. You blink, and ...

5 comments:

Brenner Family said...

Cori-
I love reading all your posts about your little family. Life is so crazy, we must stop and live and love each moment.
I am really impressed about your holding onto gifts and being done with your shopping already! You truly are amazing. I spend allot of time thinking about what to buy then I buy it almost last minute. I say almost because If I waited for the last minute my chances of buying what I want are slim. I do this because I get so excited about giving gifts I cant hold on to them.
I have a favor to ask...can I send Taylor to you for a while. You can work your magic and send her home! Perfect Idea! She is a little rascal right now and testing me to the limits. Then there are the moments that just take your breath away. Ok so I would be a mess if she was gone but it was a good idea. :)

Janet said...

Welcome Back Cori! We've missed you guys (especially little Carter).

Forever Young said...

Cori,

I had so much fun with you this weekend, I am wearing my new Twilight shirt right this very second, as I type:) I can't believe Craig is turning 28 it has been really cool to watch you guys evolve with your three children, and see how strong your love has grown for eachother:) I miss you:( Oh...
By the way, YOU don't have your light up yet???? What is the world coming to? No seriously, I was surprized to hear that.
Love you sis,
meg

Marc and Stacy said...

Fun post! Lots of stuff...such is the life of a busy mom!
I've seen Twilight twice...and wish I could go see it again. I may. I just may. :)

Giles Fam said...

Three times!?? I've only been once, and I know that was just before you had seen it for the first time...so you've seen it three times since I've seen it. :) No fair! I seriously want to go again. Maybe I'll drag Sky with me again...I don't know that I would have to "drag" him, though. :)