Pages

Thursday, September 10, 2009

Squeal.


My third child is squealing in his bedroom right now. Not screaming, or crying, but squealing. He doesn't want to take a nap and he really really needs a nap right now. I'm sitting here listening to him, wanting to go in and pick him up, but knowing that it won't do any good. As soon as I put him back down, he'll just start squealing all over again. I feel a little sad, because I know that all the squealing going on right now, and at many other times of the day, means that Mr. 3rd Child isn't a baby anymore. He's a rip-roaring toddler, squeally grumpy disposition and all. I'm sorta bummed out that as of next month I really can't call him a baby anymore, and I have no immediate plans, or hopes of another bundle any time in the next... however many months. I really don't think I can do a 4th right now. I really don't want to not have a baby either.


I might go in and rock Mr. E now. Even though I know it won't do any good. Just to hold on a little longer.

2 comments:

Tashina said...

I don't blame you sister... I'd go hold him too! I miss you...

Forever Young said...

Who can resist those luscious golden locks. Really???