Pages

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

tattoo.


there is a girl with a flock of tattooed black birds flying across her back in my literature class. it could be a tribute to the Beatles' song, in which case that would be cool. they are surprisingly realistic looking. every time i see them, i wonder how in the heck she held still long enough to let them etch those birds so perfectly in her back. i could never get a tattoo. never mind the fact that i think they are disgusting, and the idea of doing anything damaging or restricting to your body (including tying up the tubes) just seems really really wrong to me. (it's a long time to live to have the nickname from high school written on your arm, what if you want another baby in 5 years? etc.) and also, i wriggle and writhe when in pain. i can barely hold still long enough for them to insert the epidural needle when in child birth... tangent...


but walking to my car tonight after class, i felt empty. it was a good class, very stimulating, cool professor, studying jane austen right now (can life get better!?) but still i was empty. and i missed byu-idaho. there is a tangible spirit in the air there. and you can feel it where ever you go. ASU is a good school, but void of that. and when i walk back from my class to the parking garage that houses my vehicle for the 3 hour stretch of class, i find myself wishing i could be back there, (if only for a moment) so bad it almost hurts.


my professors used to begin the classes with a prayer. can you think of a better way to start? now i walk out of the building and right into a cloud of cigarette smoke (possibly my least favorite thing in the world). sad.


i'll always be grateful for the time i had at byu-i. it brought me a lot of fun memories, a husband who rocks my world, an associates degree, and a greater testimony of the Lord's power to improve the educational experience.


everything is better when you let God into it.


thank you byu-i.


for many many things.

2 comments:

RachelBarker said...

I agree, it's a very special school! And way to go on going back to school! I'm going back to BYUI but just online :) Have you looked into that? I hope to be taking a full load but we shall see. Good Luck.

HeaTheR & ChRiS said...

I totally agree...I felt the same way at CRC after I got married and moved back here....I miss BYU-I too!