Pages

Monday, November 3, 2008

Boo.

Please allow me a moment of self-indulgence as I parade for you all our Halloween ensemble of my very own creation. That's right folks, I created these babies (no pun intended) with my own two hands (and second-hand sewing machine) I'm having a little "go-me" moment, I hope you don't mind. But I'd like to introduce you to Peter Pan and his gang (Tinker Bell, Captain Hook, Tiger Lilly, and Smee). Props to my Momma for stepping in and fashioning Ethan's Peter Pan costume, you totally took a load off me. Get ready for some seriously detailed pictures.






Our Halloween traditions are seriously what makes it the best holiday. Some of them are:

1. Homemade costumes, obviously.

2.Carving pumpkins.

3. Cheese Soup. YUM. YUM. YUM. w/homemade rolls, (we're big on the "homemade in our household)

4. Donuts and cider/hot cocoa.

5. trick or treating

6. Scary Movies (this means Practical Magic and Hokus Pokus in our household... hmm, perhaps Halloween movies is more appropriate a description)

7. Games- with Family.

8. Pumpkin Seeds!

9.Candy!

10.a coma-like sleep from the sugar crash/ activities, on Halloween night. (that's me, by the way... not the kids. I seriously slept in until 10 the next day.)


More photos from the night's festivities:




Getting TinkerBell all sparkled up.


Carving pumpkins.



trick-or-treating

-This is what happens when it rains on Halloween and you're wearing TinkerBell slippers.

Me and my sister Meg, the scarecrow.And of course Smee ended up giving Peter Pan and Captain Hook a lift home.
Halloween just wouldn't be complete without Mitt Romney there.
Ode to my love affair with hot cocoa.
This game is AWESOME!
That's all folks... Until next year!

7 comments:

mommy said...

Hey Cori - your babies look so darned cute - you did a fantastic job on the costumes (totally took me back to my "creative" days) - Halloween is a huge deal at our house too!
Love,
Aunt Kathy

Forever Young said...

That was a truely awesome night and rad game that, by the way, I am making you guys take to Disney Land.

jordan and maci said...

what a cute idea for costumes... the farthest i have ever seen anyone go is peter and tink--way to trump them all by getting the whole gang together:) too cute!

Katie said...

SO FUN!! I LOVE halloween and unfortunately this year was a big flop..for me. I was sick, so the kids and luke went out...so, boo for me! BUT next year will be MUCH BETTER!! Your kids are ADORABLE and great job on the costumes! (seems like great minds think alike..livi was tink and spencer was peter pan! :)

RachelBarker said...

I love Mitt! Good choice matt.

Giles Fam said...

How fun! And I seriously love the costumes. SOOO cute! Way to go!!

Marc and Stacy said...

You are so creative! You're family looked adorable!