Pages

Sunday, November 9, 2008

must have

Scarves are my antidote to the frigid Utah winters. Seriously, as soon as the weather turns from summer to fall, I am all over these things. There really is no other way to have any kind of style when you have to wear a coat everywhere you go. I strap one of these onto my neck and I go from feeling frumpy to fab. This was my major motivation behind learning how to knit; so I can make one in every shade, to match every piece of clothing I own, and accent my Brown pea-coat that I am in love with, my tan short-trench, my jean-jacket(ode to my 90's upbringing), my black pea-coat which I'm not so in love with anymore(it's getting old), my puff-vest, and even my ski-coat. Or, if I see a sweet striped scarf at Ross for 4.99, I buy it. Even if I don't have a shirt that matches it... I'll buy that later, he he he. Not to mention the fact that scarves keep your neck toasty warm and cut down on the amount of icy wind that can waft down your jacket and send that not-so-lovely chill down your chest area. Yeah, not so in love with that.



PS. I'm still potty training Carter, and I gotta say: I'm a die hard do-it-yourselfer/ bargain hunter, but if I ever have a million dollars, I would pay someone else to do it for me. It stinks... in more ways than one.

0 comments: