Pages

Saturday, November 15, 2008

observations of a mother.

So I realize that my posts have been a bit, shall we say heavy lately. But I guess we're living in a strange time... things are heavy. On a lighter note: I thought I would share a few little tid-bit observations I've made over the last few days of my kidlets.

1.it is far too easy for Hannah to look like a total rag-muffin. I swear if I don't spend half the morning with her sitting on my counter with her feet in the sink dressing her up like one of my childhood barbie dolls, she transforms into "little orphan Hannie." (my nickname for her when we are looking all shades of white trash) and don't even get me started on when she picks out her own clothes.








2.All girls are mommies, from the time they first pick-up a baby doll when they are still a baby, to when they are four and are buttoning up their little brother's jammies. And seriously, my Hannah is the bossiest, funniest little mommy of them all.






3.Blankets make the best toys. From building a "fort" to pulling the baby around the kitchen floor (which he LOVES, by the way) They are low-maintenance and fun, and the kids almost NEVER get hurt.








4. Something about renting the kids a movie from the redbox, buying them each a donut and letting them bring their blankets and pillows down from their bedroom to lay on the Family room floor and watch it, totally mellows them out. Even the baby. I don't know why, but I'm not complaining.












5.All little boys are gross. It's inbred in them. I know this because I have two, and they are both very different, and equally gross. Whether it's slime baby(see exhibit 1) or Carter sticking his head in the toilet, THE TOILET!(see exhibit 2) To "fix his hair like daddy", (I really hope that that's not how Mr. Robinson has been fixing his hair, ew) They are disgusting. Trust me. I'm potty training... it get's everywhere. Yuck.














6. Little boys need a daddy they can snuggle up to and watch a good western about Pecos Bill, and get out of going to bed for an extra hour. Daddy. Cowboys. Horses. Carter is in little boy heaven.

4 comments:

Forever Young said...

Ha, ha. I love that post, so true about all of your babies. PS That picture of Craig adn Carter, WOW. Can I say twins, but like 25 years apart. I love your family:)

Jessica Speed said...

Your kids are just too cute! I agree about letting our kids pick out their own clothes, my girls just don't look very nice when I do let them (it turns into a big fight for Autumn and I).

Marc and Stacy said...

I feel ya on doing little girl hair. And even when you do take the time, in five minutes, and after nap time especially, its a disaster!

Your family is so adorable!

Kaisa Bailey said...

THat picture of Hannah is the story of my life! It is so darling though, even if it is cute just to you (: I try to slyly give my opinions to the boys, but they wear what THEY want to wear. I love you and am really missing you guys right now!