Pages

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Certifiable


We are going to Cancun June 7th! Yipee, 4 months away! So for our much anticipated vacation, we decided to get Scuba certified. So on Friday we went with our friends who are going on the trip too, to do our "diving demo" to make sure it was actually something that we want to do, before we drop $800 on it. It was a blast. When they first get you in the pool they put all the gear on you and then they have you kneel down in 4 feet of water and just try to breath in and out without having a panic attack. Sounds simple enough, but to be perfectly honest I was FREAKING OUT when we did that. I have a slight case of claustrophobia, and for some reason it kind of felt like that. It took every ounce of self control I had not to hyper ventilate! I kept thinking "this is not normal, I should not be breathing under water!" After a few minutes it started to feel a little more natural, and then it got to be pretty fun! We tried things like clearing our masks and using our partners air thingy (whatever that thing is that you breath out of), all of which is much harder than it looks. In the end we decided it is definitely worth it! Now all I have to get over is my fear of sharks...

1 comments:

julie said...

yay for cancun!! can you sneak me in with your luggage too!!