Pages

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Manic Reader

I think I've come to the sad realization that I have absolutely no ability to read at a normal pace. If I find a book that I like, I am completely unable to put it down, which inevitably ends with an all night reading session. During which I play a stupid game with myself where I keep thinking, "At the end of this next chapter I'll stop and go to sleep," and then when I don't I'll look at the clock and think, "O kay when it's (fill in the time) o'clock, I'll stop and go to sleep." Etc. Etc. Till it's 5 am and Craig's alarm clock is going off for him to get up for work. This ridiculous habit wasn't such a big deal when I was single in college, or before we had kids... I could just take a nap after work/class. But now, I'm completely shooting myself in the foot. Because taking a nap when you have 3 kids that are 3 and under, is pretty much an impossibility. But it's hard to just sleep away the only time I get to myself... when they are snoozing. I'm an idiot.

5 comments:

Marc and Stacy said...

Cori!!!
I hope you don't mind...I found your blogspot! :) Its been way too long! You look like you are doing great! You look gorgeous, have beautiful children (I can't believe you have three! You're amazing!) I'd love to keep in touch through this blog. Life is busy, so I know for a lot of people this is the best way to keep in contact!!! Hope we can do that!
Take care, and hope to hear from ya! :)
Love,
Stacy Rogers

Marisa said...

Cori, I have a feeling I am going to be exactly like you when I am a mom! I hate "wasting time" sleeping when I have had no time to myself.

As for that picture, I was so excited when I found it! It was taken at Grandpa and Grandma Ericksons' house but I don't know what the occasion was! I have had it on my computer for a few years now.

My mom and I sent you some stuff for Ethan yesterday. We had no clue what size he is or anything, but my mom found all this cute firefighter stuff so she wanted to buy it. Hope it's not too random! Hahaha, you know how my mom is. And to any other Erickson cousins with babies reading this, my mom would love to buy you stuff too so just tell her!

PS Cori: your buck teeth were hot!

Scott said...

Cori!! I'm so excited that you found my blog. I was hoping that you would get a blog!!! I've been meaning to call you so we could do that dinner together that we were planning for the last 3 months. Unfortunately, Rachel already moved to CA. Anyway, I am sad that we live close and have only hung out a few times. I wish that I lived even closer. Then, we would hang out with you guys and Phil and Miranda all of the time (whether you'd like it or not;) Anyway, so I hope that we can hang out sometime soon!

Love, Maran

P.S. Your little baby boy has grown so much since I last saw him...what a cutie!

Forever Young said...

You so aren't an idiot. Please don't think you are the only one who plays this game. I do it all the time. It's sort of a love hate relationship. Can't wait to see you this weekend.
Love You Sis,

meggie

Marc and Stacy said...

Are you still reading the Twilight series?? If so, you are not alone in the endless hours of reading into the wee hours of the morning! :) I became obsessed as well, and read all three in like a week, and only had time to read in the night and while I blew my hair dry in the mornings. I thought you put it so well in your post about "Twilight" cuz I too fell in love with a fictional character!
Did you know a movie is in the making for Twilight? Pretty exciting!
www.stepheniemeyer.com
Just in case you didn't know about it! It's one of those things you learn when you become REALLY obsessed I guess. I'm about to start my second time reading them. :)