Pages

Thursday, January 31, 2008

Wisdom Teeth

So tomorrow morning, I'm going in to get my wisdom teeth out. And yes, it's the full blown surgery, and I am totally dreading it. In fact I'm terrified. I know it's ridiculous... I've given birth 3 times and I'm afraid to go in and have my wisdom teeth pulled. I'm a loony. But I've never been put out before, AND I'M SCARED! Also I hate mouth pain, and I mean hate. Anyone who has ever had braces will agree with me that it is not the most fun. Also, I don't want to look like a chipmunk for a week, kind of funny as a teenager, not so cute when you're a mother of 3. I mean who has to get their wisdom teeth out when they are 25? Shouldn't this have been taken care of, like 10 years ago? But no, I have a freakish body that has always taken it's merry little time to do everything. I am the epitome of a late bloomer! I mean I didn't lose my first tooth until the end of 2nd grade, and I didn't finish growing (and I am not making this up) until I was 22! Anyways, back to my original point, I'm not looking forward to tomorrow. I'll post some chipmunk pictures after. Oh, and does anyone have any good smoothie recipes?

5 comments:

julie said...

ya, wisdom teeth are no fun. i had mine out as a teenager. so, how tall are you nowdays cori? i remember you always being such a cute little person.

Kaisa Bailey said...

Cori I just got mine out in November '06...too bad I have 3 EXTRA TEETH IN ADDITION TO MY WISDOM TEETH. I am like the dental freak show. So when I got my wisdom teeth out they took out one extra tooth, left one in & DIDN'T SEE THE LAST ONE. Well lo & behold, the last one made it's debut around Christmas time. So now that I have an extra tooth grown in I have to go in again and get knocked out and have it removed. GROSS!!!! Thankfully the oral surgeon is doing it with no charge because it was their mistake. Good Luck!

Scott said...

I had one wisdom tooth pulled last year. I still have the other three in my mouth but I don't know if they are ever going to bloom. The dentist said we would worry about it when the time came.....so I guess you're not the only late bloomer as far as your teeth go. Luckily mine wasn't so bad. He didn't have to knock me out....just yanked it while I was still awake (buy numbed). I took some left over medication from my C-section afterwards and felt great:) I think it will turn out ok for you as well.

By the way, the whole chapstick thing is hilarious to me. The first thing that pops into my head when I think of you is chapstick. You always had a stick in your pocket. Last time we went out, Hannah was asking you for some chapstick and I thought it was hilarious, because even your 3 year old daughter loves it!

Scott said...

oooppsss....that's supposed to say "but numbed."

jordan and maci said...

sorry about your upcoming oral surgery. i do have a great smoothie recipe however, and it's only a two step process...
step 1: get in your car
step 2: drive to jamba juice
let's face it, they've got the smoothie thing down... let's get together soon!