Pages

Thursday, January 31, 2008

Hot chocolate and chapstick


Anyone who knows me really well, knows that I am a little nuts about 2 things. Hot chocolate and chapstick. When I think about something really unique about myself these two things are about the only thing I can come up with... well that, and the fact that I am totally mini, and still look like a 5th grader, and by the way, most 10 year olds are taller than me, sick. But anyways, back to my original point. I have an almost sick obsession with hot chocolate. Craig says I drink it like coffee, because I have at least one cup a day, I even turn up the air conditioner in the summer so it's cold enough to have a cup, and I am very grumpy if I don't get my fix. When I was a kid my favorite lunch (and don't ask me why) was a lovely little concoction, consisting of hot cocoa, chili, and cranberry sauce. I just figured, "hey, my 3 favorite foods, why not eat them together?" My sisters still bag on me for that one, isn't family great? And I CANNOT live without chapstick. For some hideous reason all the Meaker girls are cursed with extremely dry skin, great for avoiding acne, terrible for eczema. So I have cronically chapped lips, always have. This is only agravated by the dry Utah weather, and so, I am NEVER without chapstick. I came home from school in 6th grade with a nasty dry skin rash all around my lips, and my mom handed be that beutiful little black and white tube and told me to always keep it in my pocket, that way my lips wouldn't get chapped like that again. I swear, and everyone in my family can vouch for me, that ever since then I always have chapstick in my pocket. So thank you mom, and more importantly I'm sure the chapstick company thanks you more.

3 comments:

Megan Erickson said...

Ha... Jordan is never with out his chapstick! I am afraid Emma is going to be the same way. She always goes to her dad for chapstick!

RachelBarker said...

LOL!!! I love it. I bought a cocomotion because of you. It's one of the greatest inventions!! It's funny because whenever I want/need these two things, i really do think of you. :)

Forever Young said...

Cori, I need to wear pants with more pockets. Or I just need to carry a little Cori with me where ever I go.