Pages

Monday, February 18, 2008

I Rock, sorry to sound conceited

So I realized that I never posted anything about Valentine's day, and I just had to pat myself on the back, because for once I really blew Craig away! YES! I am like the worlds worst person at surprises, and so the fact that I totally got him, well, it's a big deal. First of all I told him not to get me anything, because what I was doing was for both of us, which totally threw him. I ordered us snowshoes, we went a few weeks back with some friends and kept talking about how much we wished we had some of our own, and you gotta love Ebay, by the way because I got a screaming good deal! So they arrived about a week before Valentine's day, but I didn't want to just give them to him, like "hey, here are your snowshoes, oh and I got some for me, and I'm a nerd." So, when he got home from work on thursday I sent him on a GPS treasure hunt. He was totally confused when I made him leave with Carter right after he got home and the house looked totally normal, and I made him wait until he got in the car to look in the bag and see what he was doing. I sent him geocaching all over our neighborhood (and yes I set them up all by myself, coordinates and everything!) and he ended up in our backyard, heehee, where I had buried the snowshoes, in what else... the snow! When he came in he was so excited he almost didn't noticed that I had transformed the dining room into a crab feed with a red table cloth, candles, balloons, and everything! It was a table setting that would have made Meghan proud! Once he got over the initial shock of the snowshoes, however, he was pretty stoked about the food. (Carter ate all the snacks I had packed them for their hunt, so he was pretty hungry) We finished off the night with popcorn and candy and a classic romantic comedy in our room, you gotta love Fools Rush In. For once... I got Valentine's Day right, YES!

4 comments:

Forever Young said...

That is awesome!!! You are such a creative gal, I love it. When I told Ashton, he kind of laughed and shook his head, almost as if he was saying "Oh, you Meaker girls, you are all the same." Why not? Life is too short to not go all out.

Kaisa Bailey said...

Fun fun fun! Who's not up for an adventure? Hope you guys had a great time. I love and miss you!

Scott said...

Wow, Cori, you really do rock! Good job!
P.S. Do you guys like cheesecake for dessert? Scott used to hate it, which is why I am asking. I didn't realize anybody could not like cheesecake but it's definitely possible, so let me know:)

Darla said...

WHAT?? I LOVE it!! How fun. I don't even know how to do geo....what'dya call it? You guys do some pretty sweet stuff for eachother. (: