Pages

Saturday, February 9, 2008

in the mood for love



I would like to submit that I have the world's BEST husband. I'm pretty sure that he is the best man in the world. Last night he proved me right again. Our stake holds a Valentine's dance every year, we went last year and it was okay, kind of a Napolean Dynomite version of a dance, if you know what I mean... but nevertheless I wanted to go again this year, mostly because I love any excuse to dance. Well anyway, we decided that it probably wouldn't work to go because I don't want to leave Ethan with a teenage babysitter when he's 3months old. And I didn't want to ask one of our friends, because they wanted to go to the dance themselves. Oh well, I thought, maybe another time. But, yesterday morning there was an invition taped to the cupboard in the kitchen when I got up, inviting me to an "exclusive occasion..." When Craig got home from work, we put the kids to bed and then he told me to go upstairs and get all dressed up. He came and got me 1/2 an hour later, and when he brought me down the entire family room was transformed into a dance hall. There were pink and red streamers everywhere, balloons, candles, a table with cookies, strawberries, and punch, and music playing. Craig was all dressed up and he said that since we couldn't go to the dance he decided to bring the dance to me! He even made a special CD of our favorite dance songs. It was so much fun, we danced for about an hour, had treats, and I even taught Craig how to swing dance. We ended the night with U2's "With or Without You" taking us back to our high school days! It was perfect. And the kids have had a blast playing with all the balloons this morning!

6 comments:

Monique said...

What a great husband! He's so clever. The dance floor looked great and it sounded like tasty food! How fun! Jer tried to dance with me the other night in front of our open window that faces the street. I felt like everyone was looking and got a little embarrassed, but oh well. Husbands are wonderful! I love it!

Scott said...

What a sweet husband you have! If you ever need someone to watch your kids, Scott and I would be more than willing to do it....although I realize that it's hard to leave a new born with someone else.

Kaisa Bailey said...

WHAT????!!!!!! Could Craig be any cuter? That was so thoughtful. It sounds even more fun than any kind of Stake Dance. You don't even have to think about looking like an idiot, you can bust out any dance moves you want! Scott and I would have joined in on your dance party if we lived there. It sounded like a blast! I Love you!
(by the way, I got my "random" tooth out today and had to be knocked out and everything. I FEEL YOUR PAIN!)

Marc and Stacy said...

Craig is definitely a keeper! What a thoughtful husband!!!
I love to dance too...its hard when you grow up going to youth dances so often, and then YSA dances weekly, you get married, and you don't have anywhere to dance!!! That seriously is one of the cutest things ever!!!

Carter Family said...

Cori... great to see you and your sweet family! I am so proud of the mother you are! :) Keep smiling and enjoying those kiddo's... they get big so quick! Take Care, Marlo

Forever Young said...

Mom and I went to lunch with Hannah, and she was being so cute. She had her singing Barby with her, and every time the doll would sing Hannah would too. I couldn't believe how well she knew all of the words. Tell Hannah Aunt Meghan loves her very much.