Pages

Monday, February 4, 2008

Post-Op



So I had my surgery, and it wasn't so bad. Well, at least at the time... my mouth is killin now, but at least it wasn't so bad the day of. In fact, it was quite hilarious according to Craig. I don't know if it's because I'm so small, but apparently the drugs they gave me had a very strong effect. It took almost 3 hours after the surgery before I was all the way awake. Poor Craig had to put my sweatshirt on me in the office, and I was totally out of it, he said it was like trying to dress a full size baby, totally floppy. And then he had to carry me into the house because I was so out of it, I didn't even wake up. All I know is that I woke up in our family room a few hours later with an ice pack wrapped around my head and gauze in my mouth. I looked like a deranged Jacob Marley. But the pain and the swelling weren't too bad on Friday or Saturday, so I thought maybe I was the exception, ha ha. About 3 am Sunday morning I woke up to a throbbing mouth and when I went into the bathroom to take a lortab I looked in the mirror, and it looked like a cross between Bugs Bunny and Alvin the chipmunk, scary. I guess I'm not special after all... so now I'm just waiting for the swelling to go down and the throbbing to stop, hopefully it won't be too many more days. I'm kind of getting sick of yogurt and pasta roni. It was really cute though, because I couldn't nurse Ethan the day of the surgery, because of the drugs so Hannah got to feed him a bottle. It was adorable and she was SO EXCITED, to feed her "baby broder."

4 comments:

Forever Young said...

Cori that is nothing!!! I will have to say that I was the ultimate chubby cheeks. But still, you look so cute; I could hardly tell that your cheeks were swollen. Oh and why didn’t you tell me when you were getting them out? Was it on a weekend, I could have come and helped you. You are such a little terd. I love you. Oh yeah…your kids are adorable.

Rocia said...

Cori you look great! I totally had my wisdom teeth out when Emilia was three weeks old. I kept telling Emer it was worst than child-birth(even the natural kind), I'm guessing it is because it is so prolonged. I can't think of anything worst than not being able to eat. keep ice on it, that is my only advice. i love you.

Scott said...

You are adorable, even with puffy cheeks. That's pretty hilarious that you were so knocked out after the operation.

Marc and Stacy said...

Yeah, you look totally gorgeous as usual in that picture!! Can't even tell! I don't blame you for having been nervous...I've never been under either, and so I'm sure if it were me, I'd be totally scared! I've never had my wisdom teeth out either...but I seem to remember a dentist telling me that I would probably never need to. I don't know...we'll see.
P.S. I'm going to vote today! You're so right. It's very important!