Pages

Saturday, February 23, 2008

ode to the flu shot... the thing I should have gotten around to.

I would like to submit that the flu shot is definitely NOT a waste of time. Of course, I didn't get around to getting them for all of us back in October, and we are paying for it this week. Next time I'll take the 45 minutes and get it done, because this is definitely not worth it! So basically all five of us have had a terrible cough, congestion, runny noses, fever, body aches, headaches, and rashy-ness for the last, oh, six or seven days, and every time we think it's starting to get a little but better, we wake up the next morning worse than the day before. Yuck, yuck, yuck... I am so sick of being sick! And also something else I've realized is that moms and dads DON'T GET SICK DAYS! I used to think that my mom never got sick, and now I just realize that she just couldn't take a sick day. And I know exactly how she feels because I am so exhausted after this week, and I feel like crud, but I still have to be up all night with the three little munchkins. Not that I mind taking care of my sweet babies, but it would just be nice to do so without being sick myself. Sorry, I'm a little rambly but my head feels so fuzzy I'm having trouble putting together a coherent thought... The morale of the story is: GET THE FLU SHOT!

2 comments:

Scott said...

Cori- I'm sorry that you guys are sick. I know what you mean about never getting time off from being a parent. It's hard when you are sick and all you want to do is sleep but you have a screaming child to care for. I hope you all get better soon. I'll call you tomorrow or Tuesday and maybe we can plan to hang out when you guys get better.

Monique said...

Sorry everyone is so sick! It's very hard to be the mom while you're sick as well. It's true, moms don't get breaks! It's a great calling though, and wouldn't trade it for anything :) I hope you and your family get better soon! You're a great mom!