Pages

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Baby Backpackers

I have two words for you... Hard Core. My kids are little soldiers! We decided to do a little test-run hike on Saturday afternoon to see if it will be an appropriate family activity anytime in the next 10 years, and they did AWESOME. We seriously thought we might make it 200 yards, but they ended up hiking over 2 miles. They didn't even want to go back to the car. Here's the trick, just tell your almost 4 year old daughter that it's Snow White's forest and give your 2 year old son a stick, and tell him it's a sword to "protect us." They'll pretty much take it from there. I swear Hannah spent 3 hours singing hi-ho and whistle while you hike... I just feel bad for the other hikers, it wasn't exactly serene with Carter yelling, "I'm gonna sword the bad queen!" at the top of his lungs.

Notice in the video, Hannah keeps talking about the magic water and the queen, oh and Carter totally biffs it at the end.

7 comments:

Tashina said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tashina said...

Oh I love this family... you are all too flipping cute and perfect and wonderful and amazing and all that other good stuff. I miss you guys even when it's only been a few weeks since I've seen you. Please come up again... we need to play! Did you go and get your hair cut??? It looks so cute whether or not you did or didn't. So when are you going to come up? We want to take your fam boating again. I love you. Sorry this is so long.

JessieC said...

Where did you guys go? It looks like fun. I love the Snow White idea, brilliant!!

Marc and Stacy said...

You guys are the cutest family ever! And I agree with your sis, your hair is adorable. I thought the same thing! Also, Snow White and sword protecting...completely brilliant. I love it.

Forever Young said...

I officially love my family. That hike looked like so much fun!!! Especially considering it had some make believe magical twists to it. Totally my kind of hike:)Susan picked out our next book, yeah:) I will get it from mom and put it on my page.

Maran said...

What adorable little backpackers you have. We should go together some day! I bet my Hannah would like it too!

Anonymous said...

We just found your guys blog! We are you guys now? We are down in AZ, would love to hear from you guys!