Pages

Sunday, July 20, 2008

I'm such a teenage girl

So for Hannah's Birthday we decided it would be fun to rent High School Musical. If you can believe it we'd never seen it before, we're like the only ones on the planet I'm pretty sure. I wanted to buy it for her, because I'm getting a little sick of cartoons, and they LOVE musicals. Side note: why is it that Walmart has just about every high school musical merchandise you can imagine: t-shirts, posters, lunch boxes, CD's, Barbies(yes that's right little mini Troy Boltons, and Sharpe's), and so on, but NOT the actual movie, does that make NO SENSE to anyone else but me? So anyway, we rented it because I couldn't find it for sale, and the kids totally loved it. Actually, so did I. I swear I've been singing Breaking Free, and We're All In This Together, nonstop for the past 3 days. I know, pathetic. I almost don't care that the same thing that appeals to 12 year old teenyboppers totally works for me too. It might bother me except for I'm pretty sure that the Disney company has actual magical powers. I've never seen anything Disney: cartoon, theme park, merchandise, or whatever, that wasn't top notch. They just know how to make magic, and they do things the right way. So I guess I'm a High School Musical fan now. To be honest it really did remind me of what it felt like to be in high school, you know, except for the whole spontaneously breaking into song and dance thing. Although, all the little dance numbers did make me feel a little nostalgic and kind of wish I was back in Cheerleading again. That was seriously so fun. I will never regret being a cheerleader, those were some of the best times I had in high school. So anyways, I don't really know where I am going with this, but if you haven't seen High School Musical, I highly suggest it. It's cute. I'm seriously considering driving down to the Redbox tomorrow to rent High School Musical 2, you know... for the KIDS. Go Wildcats!

9 comments:

Katie said...

Yes, we are also HSM fans...we bought #2 and it was pretty good too, but I think the original was my favorite, for the musical numbers...have fun watching them all! :)

Carter Family said...

Yeah!!! Cheerleading for EGHS! :) I have lots of fond memories of HighSchool too... and loved HSM! I also love thinking about your group being cheerleaders... my girls! :)

Nikki said...

You totally rock! Me and Bailey are having a High School Musical 3 party! You and Hannah will have to come with us when the movie comes out. We watch them all the time. LOVE them!

Forever Young said...

Cori, I am so glad you said something. I actually love that movie but was too afraid to let anyone know seeing as how it is made for kids and teenyboppers:) It really is magical and I love all of the corny scenes. I can't wait for the third one!!!

Anonymous said...

Agreed about the cheer thing. Some of my best high school memories come from cheer practice, games, and competitions. I'm not ashamed of it at all.

Marc and Stacy said...

I have heard the hype, and have caught a few scenes here and there, but never have seen either 1 or 2. Guess I'll have to check them out.
I just have to respond to your comment about our dance in college to MJ-Smooth Criminal. I totally remember doing that...and I LOVED it. I've been wanting to take a dance class again. I wish could remember the whole dance. I remember the very beginning, and then half of the chorus. Thats about it. Do you remember?

RachelBarker said...

So, I love HSM too! Actully Trent was the one that got me watching it. lol. He now wants to watch the new movie "Camp Rock". I hope you like HSM 2. It's a buyer

RachelBarker said...

Our team is what? Dynomite ....Go EGHS! Good times

Maran said...

We like High School Musical, too! Oh, and some days I totally miss cheering with you. I miss doing stunts especially. That's it, next time I come over we are going to do a liberty together:)