Pages

Thursday, July 24, 2008

I'm in love

I'm sorry, but I just LOVE summer. Growing up in California was a wonderful thing for me. It starts to warm up by the end of February, March is blissful, as is April, and you can swim by May. Oh yeah, and it stays pretty warm well into October. We never even had to bundle up on Halloween. Yeah, I miss that. The weather in Utah has been hard for me to get used to. I mean come on people, snow in June, that is just not natural! I've really tried to love the cold, and granted, the snow can be fun... for a time. But it just can't compare to the heat. I love the heat. I'd just rather be sweating than shivering. I love that we can swim, and go for bike rides, and just have fun outside. Summer means theme parks and snow cones, and camping, and fireworks and heat!!! Oh and did I mention, heat! I love that if I need to run somewhere really quick with the kids, I don't have to spend 45 minutes getting everybody all bundled up, snow boots and all and then trying to keep them all clean and warm. Not so easy when it's 15 degrees, and there's slushy snow and mud everywhere. I swear it's like the "I can't put my arms down!" scene from A Christmas Story everyday. I love that today when I needed to take Ethan to his check up we all just threw on some flip-flops and jumped in the car. Low-maintenance... like I said, I love summer. Here's a taste of our summer, thus far.

.

6 comments:

jordan and maci said...

can i just say "amen" to every word?! i do miss my cali:)

Carter Family said...

I LOVE California!!! :) Hence the reason why we are still here! It has been such a nice warm summer... and not too hot... around the 90's. Perfect for swimming and playing outside... but the cool delta breeze comes in the evening and it's all good! I loved your summer recap pictures! Cute idea! :)

The Sharp Family said...

Summer is by far the best! I love the sounds and the smells of summer! I'm always sad when we get past fall and head into winter!

Jessica Speed said...

I love summer too! You are so cute, where do you get your clothes (especially your shorts)?? And do you work out? (Looks like it, but I'm wondering how you make time). P.S. No baby yet.

Susanne said...

It looks like you guys have had a great summer. I'm with you on the heat thing. I've lived in Utah my whole life, and the random season stuff is still hard for me to get used too.
Thanks for being so kind last Sunday and asking about Crew. I have always been intrigued by your sincerity and that gesture confirms my appreciation for people like you. Thanks for setting such a great example and taking two seconds to care. It meant the world to me. :)
sus

Roger and Amy Ann Deming Family said...

I must say I hate the winter months as well. As a kid they were cool - no pun intended - but now it is not just as fun, except for maybe a couple weeks in Dec. for Christmas of course! However, heat and I don't mesh being almost 8 months prego at this point. I would love a nice steady 75-80 degrees. Is that too much to ask for? I love Utah, but it makes me wonder why I put up with the weather the way it is? Oh well... Love your blog - you are so thoughtful!