Pages

Friday, September 26, 2008

Homemade Pizza

Happy Friday, Everyone. In the Meaker family, growing up we had a pizza-every-Friday tradition which was absolutely fabulous (side note: my brother Matt still adamantly insists on pizza every Friday, and if he doesn't get it he's very put out). 90% of the time my mom made Homemade Pizza. And she makes the WORLDS BEST, homemade pizza. Oh, I can't even describe it. So I thought I would share the amazing recipe with ya'll. And trust me, it's not actually that hard to make, because I can do it, and it ACTUALLY turns out tasting amazing. I know, surprise surprise. Anyway, here's my gift to you. Try it. Your kids will LOVE you. Have a fabulous weekend!


Homemade Pizza

375-400 deg.: 20 min.


1 pkg. yeast (quickrise)

3 cups flour

2 Tbls. oil

4 Tbls. surgar

1 teas. salt

1/2 c. warm milk (110 deg.)

3/4 c. warm water (110 deg.)


Mix yeast and flour in separate bowl. Mix remaining ingredients in a mixer. Gradually add flour. Once mixed let the mixer run for 10 minutes. Remove dough and place in an oiled bowl. Let rise for 30 minutes, or until you poke the dough and a hole stays. Spread into a circle and roll out on a pan or pizza stone (you simply must use a pizza stone, there really is no better way to cook it) Let sit for 5 minutes, then add toppings and BAKE!

Look at all that homemade goodness. Oh, delish. I hope you all enjoy!

7 comments:

RachelBarker said...

Yum! I think I'll try it tonight or tomorrow. Thanks for sharing the recipe! I might have to make two, it looks so good. Trent could have pizza every night for dinner. Thanks for helping me make him happy. :)

Jessica Speed said...

That looks really good! Thanks for sharing! I'll have to try it. Good job!

Nikki said...

Thanks Cori - that looks awesome. I am always looking for quick and easy recipes! Can't wait to try it!

Forever Young said...

That totally brings me back. My tummy just started to rummble.

JessieC said...

good job, that looks great and I think it's a wonderful tradition, may have to start it at my house:)

autumn said...

I'll have to try it! Too bad my kids (being Gracie)only eats the top of the pizza.

Unknown said...

You are FREAKIN' AMAZING woman! Thanks for the recipe and I just have to say you have the cutest family on record! You truly are amazing and I'm so happy to be aquainted with you. Malinda A. :o)