Pages

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

lame.

So when I finished Breaking Dawn (the last of the Twilight books, for those of you unaware that the world is round) I was seriously depressed. The End, no no no, I want to know more. My one consolation was the fact that at that moment Stephenie Meyer was feverishly writing, Midnight Sun (Twilight from Edward's perspective), so while there wasn't going to be anymore story after the final book, at least I had that to look forward to. Like a truly obsessed Meyer fan I'd gotten on her website and read the first chapter- oooo, so good- so I was really looking forward to it. Well guess what. I got on her website the other day like I do every few days- like I said, obsessed- and there's a little notice posted. Long story short: someone leaked an unfinished draft, it's all over the internet, yadi yadi yah. And she's decided to put it on hold indefinitely. INDEFINITELY! WHAT! The sad part is, I got on- once again obsessed- and read the whole manuscript (which she posted on her website- so I'm not a dishonest shmuck) and it was amazing, typos and all. It would have been... well, so good. I only hope that indefinitely turns into a month... or less. I hope. So thank you, dishonest person whoever you are for spoiling it for the rest of us. People are so lame.

4 comments:

Giles Fam said...

I saw that on her site, too! And I have to say that I totally agree--lame. I've been having withdrawals, too. I actually just re-finished the third book last night. HELP! Where do I go from here?? Have you started that Asian book yet? I haven't--I guess I should start there, so we can get together for our book club!!

Andrea :) said...

AMEN! I am so TICKED at the dishonest punk! I agree with you that her manuscript thus far was seriously AMAZING! So, yes, I too am hoping and praying that indefinitely means tomorrow. ;)

Janet said...

Thanks for letting us know that the manuscript is on her webpage. I wouldn't have wanted to read it if it wasn't. And I have to say that I'm loving it and enjoying getting my "Twilight" fix again! I hope she decides to finish it, it's REALLY good!

Carter Family said...

I feel your pain. I think I may be more obsessed... as I check her website daily. On the 1st, when I saw that the partial manuscript was posted I read. I was so sad that it stopped right before the meadow!!!! What is she doing to me? I thought. Then I was mad... seriously mad. The anger inside me was almost funny. I wanted to know who leaked it... and ruined it for me. Then I went to pleading. STephenie can't do this to us. Seriously... it is SOOO good. I have since read it twice. I want that book... on my bookshelf next to Twilight. I, like you, hope that she gets enough fan mail to know... that we all still want the finished book. And, even though she has posted some of the manuscript... we will still buy and still read... OH yes, we will.. because we are obsessed!