Pages

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Go me.

I just wanted to pat myself on the back for getting home from the grocery store at 10pm tonight, and before putting away all the groceries (and this was a big trip we were out of everything), I cleaned out the fridge (which had gotten quite disgusting with left-overs. Every time I opened the door some weird odor would come drifting out, and I kept lying to myself, saying it MUST be drifting over from the trash. But no, it's the fridge.(I guess that's what I get for going out of town 2 weekends in a row) Anyways, I totally cleaned out the gunk, then sprayed the shelves, and wiped them down. (extra kudos to me). Then I separated my meat BEFORE putting it in the freezer, imagine that, so I don't have to thaw out the whole thing, just to freeze half of it again. Then I carefully put away all the groceries in the right place, emptied the dishwasher, filled it, and sterilized the sink. Oh yeah, I'm seriously loving the fact that I get to wake up to a clean kitchen. Anyways, this probably sounds ridiculous, (and it is, by the way) but what I wanted to do, was come home, throw the groceries in whatever crevice I found and go straight to bed. Which would have put me behind by half a day tomorrow, and let's face it, that smell would still be waiting for me.

5 comments:

Giles Fam said...

oh that doesn't sound silly at all---I HATE waking up to a dirty kitchen. It like starts the day off wrong or something. COngrats on your accomplishments! Cleaning out the fridge is one of my least favorite things to do---and I think I'm about due. :(

Marc and Stacy said...

I love that feeling of getting something accomplished that you so didn't even intend to. You just start with a job and keep going cuz it needs to get done. Good job!!

Katie said...

GO YOU!! I love waking up to a clean kitchen!! And I know all too well the smells that come out of a fridge if not cleaned out! So way to go!

Jessica Speed said...

Good job Cori! Those are the kind of accomplishments that I live for! :)

Forever Young said...

Cori you are so cute, and I love that you say what everyone is thinking or experiencing:)