Pages

Thursday, September 11, 2008

where were you?


so do you know how your parents always remember where they were when they found out JFK had been shot? Today I was thinking about how it had been 7 years since September 11. Seven years. Wow. I can't believe it was that long ago.


I was in my freshman year of college, still living at home. It was early in the morning, and my dad ran into my room and said a plane accidentally crashed into the WTC. (this was before everyone knew what was going on) I went into my parents bedroom and we watched as a few minutes later the second plane hit. When we realized that this wasn't an accident, that we were being attacked, oh...We were literally screaming. I can't even describe the feeling. I cried a lot that day.


So where were you?

6 comments:

Giles Fam said...

Senior year of high school. I had just goten out of early morning seminary. My mom told me when I got home--and we watched it together on TV---that's when we saw the 2nd plane hit. I can't believe it's been 7 years, too! Seriously crazy.

Giles Fam said...

gotten :)

Marc and Stacy said...

Just graduated from high school that year (with you, obviously!)...I didn't have to be to work early that morning and so I was sleeping in. My mom came into the room and said, "Wake up and see whats going on in the world around you." I just thought she was being funny because it was nine thirty, kind of a "Wasting the day away" thing. I got up groggily and went in the family room where she had the news/CNN on...I remember watching the news all day long and just bawling my eyes out. We really will never forget where we were that day...seven years ago...I can't even believe that!

Darla said...

On my mission. The last part of it, actually. We were visiting some lady and she was trying to explain what had happened (in Espanol of course) and we weren't really getting it. Towers? What? Twin towers? I don't know, we were slow. Finally, we went to the mission home and watched some of the news. We never really got good coverage of it down there. I have yet to watch a good video of it. Crazy.

Kaisa Bailey said...

a little delayed....but I was working at Raley's that day and my mom came and got me before I went to work to tell me to come down stairs. The only thing good that happened that day was Scott coming to see me at work. SUCH A GLOOMY AND GROSS DAY!

Susanne said...

Hey you
I was asleep trying not to puke from morning sickness with my twins when Eric came running in the door from work saying turn on the tv. It scared the crap out of me, but my eyes were glued to the tv all morning. When I went to work that afternoon @ RC Willey, I couldn't help but be frustrated that people were in buying stupid stuff and could have cared less about what was going on. We sat in front of the tv's @ work and didn't decorate one vinette that day. So trival to say the least.