Pages

Thursday, February 19, 2009

ask.

At 8:00 last night we had our second showing of the day. I told Craig on his way home with the kids that this one was probably our most solid showing yet. They loved the house, the neighborhood, the BEADBOARD in our kitchen (the wife looked at it four times). I was hopeful.

At 9:00 this morning I got my kids out of the bath after a good scrub, rubbed them down with a towel and got them dressed. Then I took my little munchkins downstairs, put them in their chairs and cooked a quick breakfast. At 9:30 I sat down and we said a blessing over our hot oatmeal with raspberries, honey and cream, as we do every morning. When I prayed, I asked the Lord for someone to put an offer on our house, today. "We need a miracle, Heavenly Father," I said, "I'm asking for a miracle."

So we spooned down our breakfast, cleared our dishes, rinsed out the bowls, and I brought my kids upstairs.

At 9:55am I sat down on the carpet in my room and began combing Hannah's hair. The phone rang. It was a realtor, with a familiar name. In fact it was the same realtor from the night before, and the couple who had loved the beadboard wanted to make an offer on our house. A good offer. So I thanked him, told him we'd look forward to receiving the paperwork, and then hung up the phone and preceded to jump up and down, squealing and doing toe-touches for at least 3 minutes. Then I called my husband so he could join in the joy fest.

Tonight we have already counter-offered, they accepted and our house in now under contract.

I'm going to Mesa. Only 3 weeks after my sweetheart. And we've been praying that our house would be under contract, before he left.

This morning when I prayed I asked for a miracle.

And 25 minutes later, the Lord gave me one.


For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened. Or what man is there of you, whom if his son ask bread, will he give him a stone? If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father which is in heaven give good things to them that ask him?

Matt. 7: 8-9:11

14 comments:

Amy Jo said...

Cori, I am soooooo happy for you guys! I will miss you like crazy but I'm glad you won't have to be without Craig for too awfully long. oh, and as a side note, when Craig heads out, I was kind of hoping we could do a little girls night or something? I'll call you when I get a minute at a decent hour but just think about it! =] love you guys!!!

Tashina said...

Yeah sissy! I was so excited when you called me yesterday! Now this means you can come and play with us for a few weeks!

Liz said...

Cori - Congratulations. We are so sad to lose you in the ward, you and your family have been so amazing to get to know. I'm so happy for you not to have to be here alone. Congratulations again, I wish you happiness in all you do!!!!!

RachelBarker said...

Love the story. Such a testimony builder for your family and others like me. I'm so excited for your move. You'll love it in AZ! I actually maybe in AZ towards the end of March, will you be there?

Marc and Stacy said...

Congratulations!!! I'm so excited and happy for you guys. What an inspirational story. Good luck with the move!

Maran said...

Hooray! Congratulations Cori! What a wonderful story about the importance of prayer and asking for things. I am happy that you won't be without your hubby for long.

Katie said...

I am literally bawling (could be the pregnancy hormones:) but I am SO happy for you guys!! What a wonderful blessing..thank you for sharing it with us!

Brenner Family said...

Ok so Im just a big baby, but Im crying for you! Im so happy for you that your prayers have been answered, especially when you need it the most. You are such an inspiration!

Giles Fam said...

How exciting! Congrats!!

The Sharp Family said...

We are so excited for you guys! That is so amazing how it worked out for you! We love you guys!

Andrea :) said...

What wonderful news! I believe in miracles. :) Good luck with the packing and moving.

Roger and Amy Ann Deming Family said...

I am teary eyed over this entry for SO many reasons! I truly am so happy for you guys. We will miss you, but what a BLESSING. Thanks for you AMAZING example. I LOVE reading your blog. You better keep it going in AZ so I can continue to be touched and inspired by you. You truly are an amazing woman! Thank you for sharing your MIRACLE with us. Lots of Love and Luck in your next adventure in life. Take care!!!

Tanielle said...

Awesome!! Good for you guys. I tagged you on my blog!!!

Jessica Speed said...

That's wonderful! Congrats!