Pages

Monday, February 2, 2009

change.

The one thing I'm learning is, that about the only thing life guarantees is change. I watch the manifestation of it every morning when I wake up and see that magically my children have grown bigger, cuter, and more brilliant. And here it goes again. Changing.

So for a while now, we've known that something needed to change. Specifically with Craig's career. If you don't change jobs after a few years, you get pigeon-holed in engineering. So about six months ago we started looking for a new job. And then the economy went free fall into a nose dive. Nice.

We kept applying though, and for some reason I felt calm about it.

I felt calm because I already had a feeling about where we were going. And I wasn't really sure why.

So we applied to a lot of different jobs all over the country, and prayed that the right one would work out. And then we waited. Because that's what you do when you are looking for a job. Wait, and pray. And after a couple months the interviews started coming in. And Craig had a really good interview, in the place I knew we were going. But it didn't work out. And other ones started coming in, but they weren't where I thought we were going. And I kept telling Craig that I felt so confused because I just really thought we were going to this certain place.

And so we prayed a lot. And waited some more. And then an offer came. And miracle of all it was in the place I knew it would be. But we weren't sure it was the right job. hmf. So they flew Craig down, and he took a look around, and do you know what? It was better than we had hoped for. The area was perfect, and gorgeous. The company, the boss, the coworkers, the job-- fabulous. Craig was so jazzed. And so was I. So we accepted, and I felt good about it. Because change is good.


And we put our house on the market. In the worst economy since the depression. Ug.


More unsurity ahead. And to be honest, I've had a lot of anxiety. Craig leaves at the end of February whether we've sold or not. And I'm here until we sell. (Anyone who knows me, knows that Cori without Craig doesn't work so well) So the idea that I could be alone, at home with three children for indefinite amounts of time... well, it kind of freaked me out.

But last weekend when I was sitting in the temple I had the most overwhelming feeling of calm. Our lives are in God's hands. The job, and the timing has all been a miracle. It was His will that we got this job, and so I know that everything will work out alright. We just have to wait.


Wait on the Lord: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the Lord.

Psalms 27:14


And so I wait for the right family to walk through our home, and fall in love, and want to buy it, just the way we did, and I know they will.

And I look forward to warm air, and clear skies...


In sunny Arizona.




Mesa, Arizona.

My new home, almost.

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

My best friend lives in Mesa! You should hang out with her. She does hair too, by the way (not that you need it, but it's always good to have one of those connections!).

Katie said...

WoW! Good for you guys..thanks for this post because oh MY GOODNESS..you aren't going to believe this, but we are applying for a job down there as well!! I have been feeling very strongly about moving and although we aren't 100% sure, I am ready for sunshine and warmth (and intense heat during the summers)
Something just feels right about Mesa/Tempe right now..but we'll see in a few months. Maybe we'll see you down there! :)

Monique said...

That's great that he found a job that he's happy and excited about. What will he be doing??? Well, good luck with the move! It is hard times these days with that, but you will be blessed. We sold ours in two weeks. Granted, it was a year ago, but it was still a rough time. I'm excited for you. Change is good!

Giles Fam said...

I'm so jealous! Mesa is seriously awesome!! Sky and I have always said we would LOVE moving back there (so maybe we'll be neighbors some day! :)

HayMadSam said...

Hi Cori! It's Katie Kingdon! Congrats on the new job and on moving to AZ... I miss AZ so much, I wish I could move back... especially when it is the middle of winter! :) So good luck on your change and if you need any advice on AZ living ask any time! :) katielori12@gmail.com
p.s. you have an adorable family!

Tashina said...

Happy for you guys... sad for me. Love you sis.

Amy Jo said...

ok, so a couple things... one, i'm super sad that you will be moving. i love having you guys close! two, don't worry, when craig is gone and you need to hang out i will surely drive over and chill. and three, i love you cori!

Forever Young said...

It is hypnotizingly beautiful. I can't wait to fly out on a regular basis to visit you.

Jessica Speed said...

That's wonderful. Hope your house sells soon!

Maran said...

Cori- That's so exciting! I can't wait until we say that we are moving. However, I must admit that I am sad that you aren't going to be in Utah anymore. Now I'll never see you:( I hope that you aren't without your husband for too long (or at all).

jordan and maci said...

congratulations on the life change cori:) we wish you all the best!

Chelsea said...

You guys are a great example to all! We will miss you, but we will still be blogging, always, okay??
xoxo

Rocia said...

awwww. we have some phenomenal friends who are from there and emerson's family is there now...CONGRATS!! we will come visit for sure.

Brenner Family said...

You are so brave Cori....everything will work out exactly how it should. I wish I had as much courage to not resist change so much, its difficult. I wish you and your family the best.
I understand your fear about your Honey being away. Zack is home now, for about 4 months he was working/living in Seattle, coming home every other weekend. You have an awesome support system that you will need to lean on during this time. You will be amazed at how strong you really are. I hope some family falls in love with your home SOON so you dont have to be apart!

My Life as a Domestic Goddess said...

Cori-I will miss you! I know we are not close friends or anything but I still love ya! You are such an inspiration to me. You always find the good in everything. I am excited for this new adventure you and your family are going on. Arizona is great. I just couldn't take the heat. I only lasted 9 months down there. Also I was alone when we first moved out here and this ward totally embraced me. I never once felt alone! We are all here to take care of you. Let me know if I can ever help out!

OATNEAL said...

Congratulations! We need to come pickup our piano that you have most graciously stored for us. Please give me a call so that we can arrange. 435-849-4723-Neal

Ashley Mullen said...

Congratulations. You are right, CHANGE IS GOOD, but HARD too.
We have grown so mcuh, and continue to grow everyday.

Good luck with everything. I KNOW exactly how you feel. The 6 weeks Spencer was gone was so HARD, so we took a leap of faith and went ahead and moved out here. Even though we are still paying for an empty house, I have to keep telling myself, at least we are together. You are amazing, and I hope your house sells. soon.

emily alex sarabia bunch said...

cory you will kindof be closer to us in good ol texas. Alex is trying to sell our house there to he hasn't put it up yet. He has a couple of people seeing this week and then he puts it on the market if they are not interested. good luck. We will be coming in march if you are still there. Lets pray both our houses sell. It is a great neighborhood. I think you will sell quick. love emily

RachelBarker said...

geez... I'm always behind on Blogs. But I'm so excited for you guys!!! My sister Jenn lives in AZ and LOVES IT!!!! You are going to fit in perfect. If you guys are looking to buy again, you are going to get the best deal!! My sisters friend just bought 2 houses for 30 grand each. It's a 3 bedroom and new. I know you need aa much larger house but just to give you an idea. :) Trent and I would have loved to get a job there but he had a different plan that we liked too. :) Anyways, I'm so excited. My sister lives in Queen CReek, you should check it out.
The house will sell fast. You are doing whats right.