Pages

Monday, June 8, 2009

all you need is, LOVE.

Have you ever had a perfect weekend? I just did. With my dad and two of my sisters. In Vegas. We ate delicious food, lounged by the pool, laughed, ate some more, got all dolled up, saw The Beatles' LOVE, lounged by the pool some more, and then hugged goodbye and went our separate ways again. Yes, I shed a few tears. It was perfect. There wasn't an ounce of contention, not a bit of drama. Just a whole lotta Love. Kinda fit, I thought.

My dad, is the bomb. Can I just say this. And if you are a Meaker girl you will get the joke behind this. If not, sorry.

But he is the bomb. He flew us all to Las Vegas, rented a convertable, put us up in the beautiful Mirage, took us to eat at AMAZING restaurants, bought us seats on the 2nd row to see Cirque du Soleil perform unbelievable acrobatics to Beatles' music. My dad knows how to treat his girls. We all felt like princesses. And he's a good sport too, totally patient while we took hours to get ready...

here's a little taste of our perfect weekend.



together again. i've missed my sisters.

we had to ride down the strip with the top down, but this also meant that we had to pile the suitcases in the back and Meghan sat on my lap. A little claustrophobic, and a numb leg. Totally worth it.

This was the most amazing straw in the world. It's like triple the normal side, you can totally sip a milkshake through it. Why has no one thought of this before? Mmmm.
Breakfast buffets, best things about Vegas. All the pastries I could eat. Ah, yeah!
Lounging by the pool. The Mirage seriously has the biggest pool I've ever seen, and acres and acres of lounge chairs, waterfalls, and palm trees surrounding it.






Outside the Beatles' shop, all dressed up for the show.
My dad found this fantastic vintage Beatles shirt. He's so hip and wore it with his sport coat and slacks to the show. My dad is a stud. He kept joking that people either thought he was our dad or really really rich. (it's Vegas after all). Ha ha, right. Well we're waiting for the show to start and the photographer comes over and asks to take our picture. My dad tells her all four of us were together, so she goes, "And who's the couple here?" HAHAHA! "He's our dad!" We laughed so hard. I think she was a little embarrassed. We should have told her we were ALL with him, wink wink.
Dinner at the fabulously delicious, Stack.



This place was so luxurious. The food was amazing, two waiters per table, a bathroom attendant to open your door and hand you a towel/mints/hairspray/or whatever else you might need, someone who comes and folds your napkin whenever you get up from your table... I could go on and on. I told you my dad knows how to treat his girls. I am spoiled.


Hanging out after dinner, waiting for the show to start.
In front of the hotel. You can see the sign for the show above our heads.


Walking on the strip, trying to get all the soda through us so we wouldn't have to go during the show. The Beatles are serious business for us.
What a stud, no wonder people thought we were with him. he he he. (Volcano at the Mirage)More moments on the strip.



Meghan is a fox.
Me in front of the hotel, check out the silk shirt Craig bought be for my trip... (i'm in love with it)

the end.

8 comments:

Melissa Thomas said...

You are absolutely beautiful and so is the rest of your family. Looks like a fun trip. Love your shirt by the way. =)
Melissa (Bonham)

Giles Fam said...

Oh, how fun! You make me want to go to Vegas--or have a sisters' weekend! Both would be good. :) Glad you guys had so much fun together!

Ashley Mullen said...

Looks like a blast.

Marc and Stacy said...

You guys are gorgeous, as always. And I agree-way to go Craig on the silk shirt, I love it! You could pull off a trash bag though, Cor.
What a fun trip! Marc and I are planning a trip to Vegas soon and talking about seeing a show-looks like that was a fun one! Glad you had a nice relaxing weekend!

Carter Family said...

What a fun trip! How nice to get away and spend time with your sister's. What a sweet thing for your dad to do!

Nikki said...

Cori - You look absolutely fabulous. Glad you had a wonderful time with your sisters and your dad. What a great experience.

Maran said...

Cori- You are looking very tan and light haired. What a babe!! I might have to move to Arizona just to get tan:) Your dad is awesome! That looks like such a fun trip!

Darla said...

ooh.., I LOVE that panorama pic at the top. What a pretty place you live in, Cory! That trip sounds like it was fab. I hope my sisters and I can do that someday. (;