Pages

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

safe.

My cousin posted this picture on her blog, and when I saw it, I started crying. Maybe it's because I am tired, and feel a little alone down here. Maybe because it's hard to keep waiting for one of these houses to work out. Maybe because I miss my family a bit today. Maybe it's because my daughter is in her room this very minute playing with a cradle that my Grandpa Brownie built with his own two hands. The same one I played with as a child.


Have you ever had a place where you felt completely loved and accepted? Where you felt safe? Mine was in their home, sitting on their lap, getting wet toothless kisses. I still go back there, in my head, and wish I could hug them, just one more time.

5 comments:

jordan and maci said...

i'm right there with you girl. their home was a special place-- a big part of my memory of their home was you and megan doing your little jigs to the harmonica. miss you guys too!

RachelBarker said...

I feel the same way with my grandparents. Your post made me think of my memories with mine. How are you doing in AZ? no luck yet? The right house will come along at the right time. Easy for me to say.

Anonymous said...

Amen, cuz! I can't get enough of hearing stories about them and I wish they were around a little longer so our husbands and kids could witness their awesomeness on Sycamore Drive.

JessieC said...

Hey Cori, my friend has a cute house in Gilbert that she wants to rent out while her husband is in grad school. Don't know if that helps, (and to be honest I don't know how far Mesa is from Gilbert) but here is the blog site if you want a look http://homeonbaarsave.blogspot.com/

Kam said...

I miss the wet toothless kisses, red plastic cups (as grandma would ask you to go get her a pop, while grandpa busted out the harmonica. Good times and great memories. I miss you girl!