Pages

Sunday, June 21, 2009

grateful

Today I feel grateful for this guy. It took me a while to get past my, "I think I know everything" stage, and as soon as I did, I realized just exactly how wonderful my dad is. And then I felt amazed at everything he's done, and how he handled raising 5 girls, and how good he is to my brother, and how much he loves my kids, and how much he taught me that I took for granted. Not every dad explains certain things to their daughters, I know that now. Not every dad cares as much as he does. I really wish I could give him a hug today. I love my dad.

And this guy. Who taught my husband how to be tough, and ride horses, and work hard, and rope things, and ride motorcycles, and be a man. Not every dad does that. There are ALOT of wimpy guys out there, and my husband isn't one. Thanks for that Rand. PS. You're a great father-in-law too.

And for this guy. I don't know how I ended up with this man, but I thank the Lord that I did. That at 20 years old I stumbled into him, and somehow managed to understand (even if only fractionally) what an amazing person he is. I'm grateful that I've been able to watch him change from a guy who had never really changed a diaper, into an incredible hands-on father. I'm glad that he made me a mother, and I'm glad that my children look like him.


0 comments: