Pages

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

tunes


The other day while driving in the car with the kidlets, the song "Love Shack" came on the radio. I was magically transformed back to High School, at every school/stake dance. There's a great radio station down here in Phoenix that plays music like that. You know one of those stations that plays 80's 90's and today... Except they actually play the good stuff. The songs that are worth remembering from the 80's and 90's. Back in Utah the radio stations always did an 80's lunch hour and played possibly every worst song from the 80's. All the obscure ones that no one really remembers. This radio station, I like. They just throw in a song here or there from decades past and they are always good ones. Ones that make me feel like I'm actually 16 again.


But back to the other day. We were just driving in the car running errands and that familiar drum beat began. "OOOOH!" Carter yelled from the back seat. "I like this song Mommy!" I turned around, "You do?" I asked. "Yeah," he yelled excitedly and so I turned it up and sat in the parking lot so we could listen to the entire almost 5 minute song, even though we had already arrived at the store. My kids are starting to discover that they like and don't like certain music. For instance, anytime a Pink song comes on the radio, Hannah asks me to change it because, "this is the angry music." W.O.W. My four year old nailed Pink.


So a few days later it was Saturday and I was cooking french toast on Texas bread for the fam. I had the radio on, and right there at 8:30 am they played "Love Shack." That's another thing I love about this radio station, they're not afraid to play the good loud, dance in your seat ones in the morning. Nice way to wake up. Fun thing to run to...


Carter squeals in delight "It's the bang bang on the door song!" I turn it way up, and we dance around the townhouse until the song is over, while Daddy and Ethan wait patiently at the table for us to stop prancing so we can all eat.


This morning I placed the kidlets at the table to feed them and Carter looks up and me and says, "I want the bang bang on the door song to come on the radio mom," and he looked longingly at the little music box sitting on the kitchen counter. Hm, I thought. "Give me a second, bud." I said going to my computer and pulling up playlist.com. Brilliant.


Before long those drum beats started and they spooned cereal gleefully into their mouths while shimmying their hips to the tune of the looooooooooooove, shaaaaaaaaaaaack.


looooooooooooove it.

0 comments: