Pages

Thursday, May 22, 2008

Gripe Session

So here's my gripe with the American Idol finale. 1. Archuleta lost. (by the way, I liked both of them about the same all season, and went into the final show thinking: "who ever does best will get my vote." David Cook did okay, but Archuleta was amazing. It should have been his, and it bugs me that it was a popularity contest, all 3 judges said he had the best voice and it's a singing competition.) 2. Um, some of those female singers need to wear longer skirts, and that's all I'm going to say about that. 3. Why was it like 6 hours long? Do we really need to hear George Michael (disgusting) sing a sappy 5 minute song? 4. Why does Paula have to stand up every time that there's a guest performer? I have a theory... she wants to show off how low cut the back of her dress is. 5. And while we're on Paula, does she ever say anything useful? "You're in your truth." What the heck does that mean? 6. Last one on Paula, I promise, why didn't she give Archuleta a standing ovation as well, I think he earned it. 7. Why do they promote those nasty Mike Myers movies. I'm sorry if any of you like that crud, but crass potty-mouth humor does NOT appeal to me. 8. I don't care how good of a singer David Cook is, I DON'T want to see him in his underwear, nastier than his hair. Okay, I'm done. It felt good to get that off my chest.

6 comments:

RachelBarker said...

AMEN!!

Giles Fam said...

I totally know what you mean about the longer skirt theory--and like you, I won't say anything...BUT, um...can we say Carrie Underwood?? :)

Forever Young said...

Okay...Couldn't agree more with you Cori, but I was a little confused with the whole David Cook and underwear thing. Was he running around in his underwear or something. Sorry about the random question.

Unknown said...

He was in a commercial doing a Tom Cruise Risky Business underwear scene. To answer your question Meg.

Michelle said...

Hey Craig and Cori. I saw you blog on Jeremy and Monique's. This the Michelle Ramirez (old RS pres. incase you don't remember) from the 69th ward. I always wonder how people from our old ward are doing. I am glad to see your doing well. Your kids are so cute. I just have to say the David A. did that same commercial except he was in boxers. I don't want to see him is his underwear either. Anyway check out our blog if you want. mattandmichelle5.blogspot.com

JessieC said...

You are too funny. I have never seen you get riled up over anything, see how blogging helps you get to know people better:)