Pages

Sunday, May 18, 2008

Random, Random

So here are some really random thoughts after a really random weekend.

1. I kind of always thought of myself as principled. I wasn't one of "those people" who watched tv, or liked sappy romance novels, or heaven forbid went tannning. I think I was a bit of an everything snob. Well, I got hooked on American Idol, fell in love with Twilight, and now (get ready to gasp) I've been going tanning. We are leaving for Cancun in less than 3 weeks (hooray!) and since I've been pregnant pretty much non-stop for the last 5 years my skin has seen little to no sun. So I decided to tan a little beforehand so I don't get fried to a crisp on the trip we've been planning for over a year. (Go ahead and start bagging Tashi) Anyways, I'm feeling pretty hypocritical now, after I lectured my sisters for years on how tanning is the devil and they will all end up with skin cancer. Whoops. My one consolation is that I actually hate it. I can't stand stripping down in some tiny room, the bed is totally claustrophobic, the lights just feel wrong and unnatural, and I still ended up with a tiny sunburn. I know, bag away...
2.People my size are not meant to drive motorcycles. Somebody must please explain this to Craig. On Friday, he tried to get me to figure out how to drive it and it was humiliating. My feet don't even touch, so he has to sit behind me and hold the bike up while I try to let off the clutch a little and give it a little gas, yadi yadi yah. Anyways, of course we totally end up tipping the bike over (how could we not with that set up) right in front of our driveway with several of our neighbors outside and watching, and as soon as we get the bike picked back up Craig is trying to start it again (I flooded the engine) so it's going waaaawaaawaaa (you know the noise motorcycles make when they are trying to start) and that was really attracting everyones attention, and then the neighbor boy yells at the top of his lungs: "Hannah, did your mom break your dad's motorcycle!?!" Great.

3. So when Carter was a baby he was SUPER easy going. I'm talking the perfect baby, never cried, very sweet and cuddly. But I used to worry that when he got older he'd be like a wimpy boy because he was so genteel as a baby. Um, yeah, I was totally off. He was just storing it up for later. He's seriously the most manly little boy I've ever met. For example: We are finishing the basement right now, and Craig's been framing for the past few weeks (yuck, what a headache) and so we're down there working and we look over and Carter had picked up a hammer and a nail and was just going to town on this board. So funny. Well, later that night we were trying to get them in bed and Carter just disappeared. I found him in the basement working on his board again, and when I asked him what he was doing he goes, "I workin on da basement!" That's my boy...

4. Why don't any shoe stores carry a women's size 5? I know I'm not the only girl with feet that small. Come on now, I am so tired of having to special order all of my shoes. However, I didn't mind ordering these beauties, because they rock. If you are looking for some ridiculously awesome sport sandals, you gotta try out Chacos. We ordered some for Cancun (or I probably never would have justified spending so much on one pair of shoes) but they are amazing, and I can't wait to wear them on our trip, Craig got some too, by the way.
His Mine!


5. Ethan totally grabbed one of the kids sippies the other night and started chugging it down. The kid can never get enough. He's like a camel with a reverse hump. Love it.

6.Hannah and Carter are always finding different ways to pretend they are in a boat and the carpet is water, they are always screaming "look out for sharks, the sharks are going to get us." This was their concoction on Saturday. It reminds me of a song we used to sing at girls camp I think it went something like this:
-Just a boy and a girl in a little canoe with the moon shinin' all around, he dipped his paddle so, you couldn't even hear a sound. And they talked and they talked till the moon grew dim, he said "you better kiss me, or get out and swim," so whatcha gonna do in a little canoe with the moon shinin all around?

Sorry, that was long.

6 comments:

RachelBarker said...

loved this blog! I would be laughing so hard if a little boy yelled across the street, did i break the bike. comedy. I'm wishing i were going to cancun!! LUCKY.
We were supposed to be going to Maui in June but our Airline went bankrupt, Bummer. Anyways, i think those sandals will be great for your vaca. Take lots of pics.

Kaisa Bailey said...

Hannah and Carter reminded me of US! Shipwrecked in your front room in laundry baskets. I love you and miss you!

Forever Young said...

I feel like I can relate to quite a few of your experiences...By the way, you will absolutely love your Chacos...I love mine. They are such a good investment.

PS. I am so excited to help mom watch your kids while you guys are in Cancun...I talked to mom and I get to take them for a day and a night, slumber party at aunt Meghan's:)

Marc and Stacy said...

You're too funny...this blog made me wish we lived close enough to visit. :) I love that you went tanning...haha!! I totally would want to also if I was going to Cancun. I wish we were!
Your kids are too funny...and the motor cycle thing, hilarious!

Rocia said...

love chaco's, love boys, love that you have been tanning! summer must be arriving.

Raquel Ruggles said...

you are hilarious!