Pages

Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Moon Boots

So somehow, on the way home from Logan, Saturday night, we lost one of Carter's shoes. This became apparent on Sunday morning when I'm trying to get all of us ready for church, and no shoe. So I'm frantically searching for the other shoe and it's nowhere! This was a problem because Carter pretty much has one pair of shoes that fit him. He's grown out of every other pair! So I'm panicking because it's Sunday morning and I've tried to squeeze his little feet into every other shoe he owns and it's just NOT happening, so the only other option was his snow boots. So yeah, Carter was stylin` in the snow boots at church on Sunday... nice. We are officially white trash. But here's the funny part, I told my mom later that day about the shoe incident, and when they took their little Sunday drive they drove over to the ice cream shop where we had left from and guess what was laying on the ground? Carter's shoe! Anyways, now he's totally obsessed with his snow boots and has been wearing them everywhere, with his shorts mind you. He looks like a two year old Napoleon Dynamite. Lovely, I've become "that mother."

3 comments:

Giles Fam said...

That is too funny! The funny thing is that most moms can probably relate to something similar to this. Don't worry--plus, it makes for a great story! Oh, and yes--we just made an offer on a house last week & it was accepted. We hope to close on the 19th. We've kind of tried to keep it quiet for a while because we're paranoid something will happen (which I'm sure won't), but news seems to sure spread fast. I guess it probably doesn't help that we are way too excited to keep it a secret from everyone. :)

Scott said...

What a hilarious story! He's a very cute little Napoleon. That's definitely the worst feeling when you are looking for something right before church and you know that you are going to walk in late to Sacrament meeting and everyone is going to stare at you.

Rocia said...

please tell me you pulled his church pants over the boots, no, actually please tell me you didn't. hilarious!