Pages

Saturday, May 10, 2008

Mother

This post is dedicated to both of our Mother's; Nora, and Shannon, who are both amazing and angelic mother's and grandmothers. I'm pretty much the luckiest person on earth because I have been blessed with just about the perfect mom and mother-in-law. How many people can say that?


My mom was pretty much the center of my world until I got married. And for good reason. She is out of this world amazing and selfless. I swear, I loved my mom so much (even as a teenager) that I thought I would probably never get married because I thought I could never love someone as much as my mom. Her absolute ability to love and serve others is truly amazing! Now that I have children of my own I feel an even greater appreciations for the lessons she taught me growing up, I guess I just took it for granted that all mothers were that diligent, but they aren't. My mom is one in a million, and I owe her more than I can even describe.

Shannon, my mother-in-law is probably the sweetest mother-in-law in the world. She so kind and so loving. I have felt comfortable with her since the day I met her. She has always treated me like a daughter, and is incredibly thoughtful. I was always so scared of the kind of mother-in-law I would have (we've all heard the horror stories) and I can honestly say that I could not have hand-picked a better one. I guess it shouldn't surprise me that my angelic husband was raised by an angelic mother.

Happy Mother's Day Mom's... here's to you!!!

3 comments:

arah said...

Hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day Cori!

Emily said...

Hey Cori! (this is Emily Seavers (now Pearson)). Just wanted to say hi. You and your hubby are such a cute couple and seem to be doing great. Your kids are sooo cute too! I hope you had a great Mother's Day.

Scott said...

Happy Mother's Day Cori! I would have to agree, your mother is an amazing woman! You are the spitting image of her.