Pages

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Blogging Slacker


What is it about Christmas Break that makes it impossible for me to post? For some reason every time I sit down to write something about it, I can't. I'm too tired from all the running around, and then there's too many fun things to blog about, and too many awesome pictures to go through and try to pick out ones to post. Anywho, I'm not feeling any more inclined today, especially since it's my birthday and I'm turning 26. 26. That sounds like an adult. Yikes. When did that happen? I was thinking about how it's been 20 years since I had my magic birthday, and my mom took me to the mall to get my ears pierced. I was so terrified that my mom had to take me into a store with a dressing room and we had to say a prayer so I would have the guts to go have some lady put a little jewelry gun to my ear and shoot. I wouldn't leave the mall though, until my ears were pierced. It's a little girl's right of passage. My ears were sore for the rest of the day, but I picked out little silver heart earrings. Can I possibly be old enough to say that something happened 20 years ago and I remember it? Then I was thinking about how 10 years ago I came home after having dinner with my friends and my sisters and mom had FILLED our house with people for a massive surprise 16th birthday party. I've probably never been that red. Eight years ago today, my cousin Kaisa took me snowboarding for the first time. I had been at an all night Make-a-wish fundraiser, and hadn't slept, but it was pretty much awesome. I had to drink about a liter of Dr. Pepper just to get myself home without crashing, but I'll never forget my first time on the slopes. Five years ago, my husband of 5 months threw me a surprise party. I'd spent most of the day laying on the couch or throwing up since I was 3 months pregnant with my first baby. 3 years ago we signed the papers to buy our first home on my birthday. My dad called me that evening to wish me happy birthday and when I told him we'd just signed the contract to buy our house he said, "a house for your birthday, that's a pretty good gift." I thought so too. This year, I'm not really sure what we'll end up doing, but I am grateful for another year on this earth. I'm grateful that I get to play with my 3 favorite kids today, and hang out with my favorite guy tonight. I'm probably going to have birthday pie, and wish my kitchen table a happy first birthday. (Craig bought me that beautiful baby last year for my birthday.) I think I've decided that 26 feels good.

15 comments:

Giles Fam said...

Happy Birthday, Cori! Sounds like you've had some good ones in the past. I'm sure this one will live up to your expectations. :) Eat some pie for us! :)

Tashina said...

Happy Birthday sissy. I love you so much... you are so dear to me. I'm so proud of you and so blessed to have you for a sister. Enjoy your special day. Cute beanie by the way... you did good. I love you!

Maran said...

Happy Birthday Cori! I'm pretty sure I was at that 16th birthday party, but I can't remember for sure. I went to quite a few fun parties at your house in high school:) I can't believe that we were 16 ten years ago. It goes by so fast!

Emily said...

Happy Birthday Cori!! I hope you've had a great day!

Carter Family said...

Happy Birthday! 26 still seems young in my book! :) Hope you had a good one!

Forever Young said...

Cori,

I have always felt very lucky to have my best friends also be my sisters. I have probably even become a little snoody about it. No one compares to the relationship that I have with my sisters. You are so special to me, and will always be apart of me. You have helped me create who I am, and who I want to be. I am so thankful that I have been able to be apart of your life and you apart of mine. I am so lucky. I love you so very much Cori, and in so many ways. Happy 26th birthday sissy.
Love, Meggie

Anonymous said...

LOVE YOU! I hope you had the best birthday ever! And mmmm... I would love some birthday pie.

Nikki said...

Happy Birthday Cori. It's great to realize how much we have to be thankful for and how truly blessed we are. I hope you had a lovely birthday and that you got your B-day pie! I am thankful to have you as a friend!

Brenner Family said...

Happy Birthday Cori! You have had some fabulous birthdays! May all your wishes come true.........I hope you had a WONDERFUL day!

Chelsea said...

What a cute post! I love your perspectives on life, you are too fun Cori! (Happy Birthday, I will be in my backyard later doing a dance for you for your birthday. It will be quick since we have 2 feet of snow, so don't miss it because I am only doing it once... keep a lookout of your window!) :)

jordan and maci said...

yay! happy birthday midge!

Kaisa Bailey said...

I am really sorry I didn't wish you happy birthday on your birthday....
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love you so much and wish we could be sneaking onto a water tower tonight and ruining designer jeans!
Happy 26th Cor!

Marc and Stacy said...

I have been missing from blogging world and realized I missed your birthday!!! Happy Belated birthday!!! :) Love ya!

julie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
julie said...

hope you have a very happy year. 26
was one of my favorite ages to be. ;)