Pages

Thursday, January 8, 2009

don't mind me... I am in mourning.

One of the best things, no scratch that, THE best thing about Christmas Break is that I get to have Craig at home with me for 2 whole weeks. Despite what I hear many women say, and write, this doesn't bother me. I never feel ready for him to go back to work. It probably has something to do with the fact that Christmastime is all about playing and being together, and eating lots and lots of sugar cookies. And if you want some good company for any of those three activities, Craig's your man. Except he's not, he's my man. Sorry ladies. So I like to call this week, the week AFTER Christmas break (except for the highlight of my birthday) my mourning week. Because the holidays are over and Craig went back to work. Poo, poo. But oh well. Back to reality, all my laundry is done (that was a feat, let me tell you) the house is clean (a feat as well) Christmas decor is back in the box, and I am feeling mighty fine because I didn't gain a pound over Christmas break. Not a one. In fact, I'm down one. This is brilliant considering the fact that I made my little resolution to lose a few pounds back in October, before the holidays hit. I was a little nervous because we were at Disneyland, and let me tell you people when I go to a theme park, I eat Churros. And cotton candy. And ice cream. And funnel cakes. And whatever else I can get my hands on. (hmm, I never did get my funnel cake, darn it. Oh well, I guess I did have 4 churros:-) All the walking must have helped me keep the pounds off, because I certainly ate. So I guess that brings me to our fabulously delicious Christmas break spent as a study in CONTRAST. We spent the first half (the Christmas half) in So Cal with the Meaker clan frolicking around Disneyland, eating (as I mentioned), riding rides, doing snowflake dances (Nick was the best snowflake), getting rained on, getting snowed on (I'll explain later), going to a liquor store at 11 pm on Christmas eve--and getting hit on by a slightly scary guy(while in my pj's-- I'll explain that later too), being Santa Claus, putting fake tattoos all over ourselves(not going to explain that one), taking turns carrying the kids on our shoulders (live it up munchkins your not going to be the only Grandkids forever, with a slue of adults at your disposal), pushing the kids in the stroller and Matt in the wheelchair, and pretty much not sleeping... at all. It was fabulous. I would do it again, and again...

Nap time. Disneyland style.


On Christmas eve, it snowed... well soapsuds anyways. But nonetheless, it snowed in Disneyland. It was magic. I cried, like actual tears. Disney does everything right.
This baby was absolute perfection the entire time. Thank heaven for angelic third children.
Our little jont to the liquor store (the only place that was open) was in search of something to make a tree with, (we found the perfect green bag!) and for some vanilla ice cream to go with the pie we picked up at Denny's (next to the liquor store)
Our marvelous tree...Santa can find you, even in Disneyland.

Christmas eve pie.
So these people totally walked into the picture right as we were taking it, nice.
This little girl was pretty much glued to her uncle Matty's lap. She also had to ride on every ride with him. Matt was in heaven, so was Hannah.

Carter getting ready to go on his very first roller coaster ride! He was a little hesistant.
Minnie Mouse's house. Hannah is in little girl heaven.no comment.
whatsoever.

yeah, serves you right.



A dipped waffle cone with ice cream on Main Street in Disneyland, with my favorite guy. I am in Cori heaven.

The second half (the New Years half) was spent up in Snowy Snowy, Idaho with the Robinson side. Shut up in the coolest cozy little cabin (with a real live LOFT--that I got to sleep on!). I read, we took naps, sat in a hot tub (while it Blizzarded around us--very cool), rode snow machines, sledded, drank ALOT of hot cocoa(my kind of time), played games(including video, very rare for me), watched movies, and rang in the new year to the sounds of my little 3 year old nephew throwing up. It was perfect. Except for the throw up part, poor little Luke. No child that darling should ever be so sick. Sicknesses like that should be reserved for nasty adults.

Sled trains are a winter wonderland, must.
Oh yeah, that's my 3 year old and his best buddy, cousin Luke, airborne.

The rugged Robinson men.

Everyone playing/watching people play the wii. That's me in the background, little miss anti-social with my nose buried in a book.
So we played and played and then played some more, for two weeks straight, and I've had the grumpy children and pile of laundry to prove it. But like I said earlier, I'd do it again, and again.
perfect.

5 comments:

Brenner Family said...

So I have a similar post to this, minus the Disneyland part, SOOOO JEALOUS! I absolutley LOVE the pic of you and your Hubby eating Ice Cream, the first thing I thought before I read your caption was, "She looks in heaven, so in love" I love it! I second that on the cabin/snow/newyears/video games (soo not me)/antisocial nose in a book part, Oh and having the Hubby off work all to ourselves, aaawwwww sooo nice! DITTO DITTO!

Happy New Years Cori! Thank you for being such an inspiring Mom!

Nikki said...

I LOVE, love, love the picture of Craig w/ the tattoos on his face. That is hillarious. He may owe you one for posting that! Sounds like you guys had great time. So fun! I am jealous!!

Chelsea said...

Wow, the tattoos on the face are GENIUS!!! Why haven't I ever thought of that??? Anyway, tell Craig I will make him a plate of cookies if he shows up to church like that one day!!! P.S., I totally agree with you on having your man home from work, it is the BEST!!! How could someone find something to complain about with that???? Silly cotten-headed ninny-muggins! (the elf)

Roger and Amy Ann Deming Family said...

Just two words... SO JEALOUS!

Marc and Stacy said...

Looks like you had a GREAT Christmas break! It's always so hard to come back off of vacation time like that-especially when you get to spend the whole time with loved ones.
Every morning I get on IM to Marc at work and the first thing we say to each other is ,"I miss you so much." It's hard to send our men back to the daily grind. I feel ya girl.