Pages

Thursday, January 22, 2009

Guiltless Thursday-Project 1: Reversible Aprons

I did it. I kept my promise to myself, and took a time out tonight. And believe me if there was ever a week to make excuses for not having "me time," this, my friends would be it. (We're putting our house on the market, yuck. Long story, which I am NOT going to tell now.) So tonight, my fabulous husband (have I ever mentioned this before? Well if not, HE'S FABULOUS!) went down to work on organizing the basement, and I stayed up in our room working on my reversible aprons and bonding with my new Minnie Mouse sewing machine. Never mind the fact that it took me over an hour pouring through the instruction manual (which is written in so many different languages it was difficult to find English- no, I'm not exaggerating) just to figure out how to set thread length, width, and tension, and thread the darn thing. I quite enjoyed myself, and I nearly jumped up off my chair and clicked my heels together with glee when I discovered that MY sewing machine has an automatic THREADER! That is wicked COOL! I threaded and unthreaded it at least 5 times, just for the fun of it. And every time I'd let out a little shout of glee when the teal thread I was using just slipped right through the needle. It takes so little to impress me. I was even more delighted as I stitched the rickrack onto my little brightly colored aprons and discovered that my little Minnie Mouse, just smiled right across it, without even skipping a beat, as if to say, "please, is that the thickest you could do?" My old machine used to break needles on that kind of stuff. Oh I am in seamstress heaven.

So did I finish my aprons yet? Heck no. I've got another date with my little singer for next Thursday.

Minnie, I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship.

Progress, my friends.

PS. Sorry about the use of so many "littles." But really, it couldn't be helped. When I'm excessively happy the word just slips into EVERYTHING.

4 comments:

Amy Jo said...

what!? selling your house? i hope you're not moving far... i need you guys close! haha. but really, what!?

Mama-Face said...

Cori,
I bought one of those aprons for Kristen for Christmas and paid $30! But sewing machines HATE me so I really didn't have an option. Good Luck...I love the colors.

Aunt Mary

RachelBarker said...

SO CUTE! love the fabric

JessieC said...

Hey, do you have a pattern for that? I would love to borrow it! I've been wanting to make one for the longest time. It is so cute.