Pages

Thursday, March 12, 2009

dear hideous black bags,

Why do you choose to emerge now when I really don't want to see you staring back at me when I look in the mirror. Why do you have to look so nasty, and make me look hagged out, washed-out and old. Why when I'm tired, stressed and emotionally spent do you decide to rear your UGLY heads. I mean come on! I pulled all-nighters all the time in high-school, and I pretty much NEVER slept in college, and I never noticed a thing. (although my face was chubbier back then, I bet baby face fat hides dark circles under your eyes better, but on the trade-off you're stuck with the fat face, hmph.) But seriously, facial skin, can't you just glow and look healthy and smooth even though I've been totally trashing you for the past 2 months? I would appreciate you perking up a bit. Let's loose the luggage under the peepers, and the worry lines across the forehead and the stress lines along the mouth. Give me a little something to work with, and I promise I'll get more sleep. I promise, as soon as I finish folding this last load of laundry.
Sincerely,
Tired Momma

3 comments:

Nikki said...

That is hillarious! I feel your pain though...I think it comes with the mom job! When are you heading to AZ?? You'll keep you your blog right?? So I can keep track of you and see how you are doing??!!

My Life as a Domestic Goddess said...

Ditto to everything Nikki said. I hope you keep this going. I love to read it. You are amazing with words!

Roger and Amy Ann Deming Family said...

Cori, I think you would look beautiful no matter how dark the circles/bags under your eyes got! Hope you get more sleep though, it is hard to be a mom and a dad! :)