Pages

Thursday, March 26, 2009

in the ZONA.

I've been terrible. Seriously. I've been in Arizona for almost two weeks and I haven't once blogged about it, and I haven't posted a single picture. My poor family.


I don't really have a fantastic excuse except that I've been WAY TOO TIRED every night when I sit down to blog to do anything but stare at my computer blankly for a few minutes and then close it and go to bed.

But, that's only because we've been having so much fun and been so busy down here. Seriously, this already feels like home. Seriously.

We are staying in this fabulous corporate house in Mesa with this amazing pool in the backyard and it was actually warm enough all last week to swim. Oh, my children LOVED that. And we found this awesome awesome realtor down here, and have been having a blast looking for houses in this crazy awesome buyers market. We put an offer on one yesterday, but so did 4 other people, so I'm pretty much SURE it's not happening. But, our realtor Kim (did I mention how awesome she is yet? awesome awesome awesome) has already sent me a plethora of new possibilities that I'm totally stoked to go and look at tomorrow night. (Houses with pools= happy Cori... I love this state.) Anyways, the kids L.O.V.E. it here. Everyday they tell me "Mommy, I love Arizona. Arizona is so fun." Oh thank goodness. Apparently it's also a punishment for me, though. When Carter gets mad he looks at me and yells "You're a mean mommy, you can't stay in Arizona!" He he he.
Here's a little smattering of pictures from our adventures down here. I hope you all enjoy.





Welcome to ariZONA.
Me bonding with the Grand Canyon.

Craig flipping out the first night.

Hannah partied a little too hard in the pool, and the next day you get this.

This may be the world's cutest child.Seriously.

Pizza night in our fabulous temp. housing.

Hiking... desert style.And yes, I'm the terrible mother who DIDN'T remember to put sunblock on her childrens soft delicate baby skin. And yes, they were ALL red the next day.

Cooling off after the hike.

Craig writing the contract with Awesome Kim. Boo hoo. It's okay, I didn't REALLY want this fabulous kitchen, and that perfect pool anyway.One of the astoundingly lush parks (there are gazillions!) down here.I am obsessed with these children.

Seriously.

And that, my friends, was just the beginning.

11 comments:

Amy Jo said...

why oh why do your children already look older? its madness i tell you. so sad we didn't get to hang out before you left, visit soon k?

Nikki said...

Oh sure, it's all nice and rosey til you get hit with the 120 degree heat in July and August!!!! Keep us updated!!! :)

Anonymous said...

So what brought you guys down here to AZ? We live across the state in Bullhead City,AZ, you said Mesa right? My bro and sis in law live in Tempe. When we visit over that way we will have to give you guys a call!

Anonymous said...

Oh Nikki is right 110 to 120 sucks, I am not going to lie. You will know what a cookie fells like in the oven. Some times your skin will hurt just walking outside. But winters are mild and you can pretty much wear shorts year round!

Maran said...

Scott and I have seriously considered moving to Arizona after graduation. The only thing that I would have a hard time with is the fact that there is no greenery. I like grass and trees. Oh, and the sweltering heat would be bad, too, but I think we'd like that better than the snow. I'm glad that you are having a great time so far! Keep us updated on your house!

JessieC said...

Well, we miss you but I guess it's good you are happy down there:)

Katie said...

SO GLAD that everything is going great!! It's exciting to see pictures and see what you have been up to. Luke is still applying for jobs down there, so we'll have to see if we will be your neighbors one day.
Luke and I were talking about a pool the other day...and he is too nervous to have one. He said the only way for us to get a pool is if we have a fence around it AND an alarm system on the doors (so we can hear if and when the kids go outside). Obviously you guys are STOKED about a pool...how did you get to that point? Keep the updates comin' I LOVE them!

Forever Young said...

Cori please post more pictures of the fab house that you wanted to buy and the one you are currently staying at. Love you.

jordan and maci said...

so glad to see you are all settling in quite nicely:) keep us updated!

Janet said...

Only one word can adequately desribe my feelings "JEALOUS"!!!!

But I am so happy for you. By the way, I was looking around in Sacrament meeting today and thought "I miss the Robinson's". It's not the same without you guys.

Wishing you the best!

Jessica Speed said...

That's wonderful! So glad you guys are enjoying Arizona!