Pages

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

what the guillotine?

When we realized that Craig was going to be heading down to Mesa before me, we figured we better find a place for him to stay, somewhere nice and cheap, until I got there. But after many frightening ads on Craigslist, (one of them--no joke- actually said "share my bed") I decided there had to be a better way. I did some searching on Google, don't you just love google? And I found a website where LDS people list rooms for rent. phew! I put all my fears to rest, knowing that Craig would be in a nice, safe, and normal place.


Just so you know, being LDS does not guarantee, nice, safe or normal.

So he gets down there and the place is, well a dump. And I mean dump. If there is a rough spot in Mesa, this house is located right in the center of it. And I'm not even going to discuss the roommates.

His nice little place to lay his head, has become only that. He sleeps there. He showers there. And then he is GONE until it's late enough to come back and sleep again. But not before he packs a backpack of essentials (passport, money, and an extra change of clothes) for a quick getaway, sets his dumbbells in front of his door (there's no lock) and then stows his dive knife under his pillow. Seriously.


Craig, you are definitely NOT in Utah anymore.


It's a good thing he spent 2 years in Russia, or he might not have been prepared for this.
I thought perhaps he may have been a bit paranoid, until he called me last night and told me what happened on Sunday.


He returned after spending the day at church, at a park, and anywhere else besides the house he's living in. It was already dark. He walked into the house and all the lights were off. When his eyes got used to the dark he turned and looked at the living room. Right there in the middle of the floor, in that dark dingy house was a full sized guillotine.


Like an actual guillotine. Blade and all.


Um can you say Creepy?


"What the H is going on here?" He thought to himself.


Then he went to his room and piled extra weights in front of the door.


Turns out one of his roommates has a magic show he does at old folks homes and the guillotine is just one of his props. But seriously? Can you imagine walking into a dark room and seeing a full sized one of these in the middle of the floor?



What is going on here? Ritual human sacrifice?


I'm not even going to get into the creepiness of a forty year old man who has a magic show. eek. I gotta get my husband out of there.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

What the random?? So incredibly creepy.

Maran said...

That is freaky. Yes, you definitely need to get your husband out of there. Thanks for hanging out last Thursday. I had a great time with you and your kids.

Amy Jo said...

Cori, of course! I would love to hang out, that's why I was calling, silly! haha. Just let me know when works for you and we can figure it out. Do you still have my number? Also, wow... Craig and a guillotine. Crazy.

Jessica Speed said...

Very creepy! I hope you're able to get him out soon! I take his mission in Russia was petty scary.

Mama-Face said...

You cannot make that good of a story up. I know that sounds hick-like, but I guess it goes with the story!

Craig also had some lovely housing experiences in West Yellowstone I believe. He can pick em.

We have relatives down there...maybe they could help?

love,mary

RachelBarker said...

he can always call my sister up??? Scary

Nikki said...

That is just a bit scary! Wish him all the luck!! My parents live down there too, so if you need some help finding something a bit..well, better, let me know!! Good luck with that one. I'd run screaming!!