Pages

Saturday, March 14, 2009

hello, goodbye

last week the movers came. they packed up our belongings and our furniture until the house was empty.



and it was strange. it felt like goodbye, again.




last night my kids stood at the airport waiting to say hello...






to him.



and it was wonderful. we felt like a family again.


today we drove down to sign over our house. i say house because it doesn't feel like home anymore. but i will always love that little spot on saddleback drive. we went inside and ran around like hooligans, because there was nothing but walls and carpet, and then we knelt down and thanked the Lord for the time he gave us there. then we walked out, shut the door, turned the key and said goodbye to our house once more.
and it felt good. it felt like time.

6 comments:

Monique said...

Congratulations on having your family together again! What a great feeling. Do you have a house in AZ yet??? Good luck with all the moving!

Giles Fam said...

Does that mean you are in AZ now? I will be so bummed if you were in Logan this whole time and we missed seeing you! Susan had said we were all going out to lunch, but then I never heard anymore about it. If you ARE still here, let me know! We totally need a play date. :)

Jessica Speed said...

Glad that your family is back together again! Can't wait to see pictures of your new house, when you get one.

Tanielle said...

Good luck with everything. It's a shame we've lived so close, but haven't seen each others families more. Take care, and so glad you're all together again.

Love you guys! Be safe!

Janet said...

Holy Cow! I thought I still had time to get over there and say goodbye to you!!! I'm so bummed, I had no idea you had packed up and left (maybe if I got my thoughts out of my own head and thought about someone else now and again that wouldn't have happened). I'm so sorry I missed you. I had planned on coming over to say goodbye. So this pathetic excuse for a goodbye will have to do.
Goodbye Robinson family! You will be missed!!!

Roger and Amy Ann Deming Family said...

Good luck on your next adventure in life. I hope things go as well for us when it is our "time" to leave. Glad you have your family together again. Take care!